State Basketball Tournament

• orve4

Took in the Class A and AA Championship game. Plan on making my way down for a couple of boys games. Lots of talent to take in. The boys will end at Williams which is different. Anyone have any favorites for the boys?

CaptainMusky

That team from Cherry made the tourney right? Id like to see that kid play that is going to the Gophers he looks like a stud.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I think the overall officiating in the girls tourney was the worst ever. Every game had game changing controversial calls. Why do regular season officials get paid and state tournament officials are volunteers, that sure seems crazy. They sure got what they paid for.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Granddaughters team made state again this year, took 2nd last year and 4th this year! go stewartville tiger boys!!! In the last 10 years the winning 3a girls team has been a private school 9 out of 10 times, how can these public schools compete against hand picked recruited teams? MSHSL needs to change something to make this tournament fair to public schools!

orve4

The 2A state girls game was one of the games in questions with many questionable calls. The Albany Girls have not lost to a non private school in the playoffs since 2020. The last three years Providence has ended their chance at a state title and I see providence only getting better in the next two years. Albany three games this year were all against private schools.

Ill be headed down today to Watch Albany VS JCC. Sure have been spoiled the last few years with the boys and girls programs.

deertracker

Alexandria girls took 3rd and the Alexandria boys have a really solid team. Should be a good tourney.
    DT

jimmysiewert

Money talks with the MSHL. I think it is a crying shame that there isn’t a separate class for “for pay private schools”.

Everyone is hoping for one of those “Hoosier moments” against these recruiting, private, schools. Public Schools are NOT on the same playing field as Private Schools – nor should be.

But the MSHL is also jockeying HS’s to utilize specific online ticket sales systems / streaming platforms. Take a look at who the MSHL’s biggest sponsors are.

The MSHL are putting money (yes – they say they are non-profit – but look at the layers of high paying ADMIN) over kids and high school sports. The MSHL is a RACKET!!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The MSHSL is nearly bankrupt. There are lots of well-paid positions that are very close to a charitable contribution from school districts for what little the people actually do. I dealt with transfer appeals, section placement challenges, and other issues with MSHSL that highlighted their shortcomings. They will do nothing to address the public vs private issue.

Across the border in WI it took a game winning 3 point shot for a public school to win ONE of the 5 classes. The other 4 were private schools winning.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.