St. Paul Ice Show

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Just wondering if anyone stopped into the Ice Show today? Was it crazy busy? Any can’t miss deals to be had? Contemplating going on Sunday, but I really only want/need an electric auger due to a bad shoulder.

Any insight would be great.

FDR

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Does anyone have the going price on the FLX30 at the show?

Any good deals on the larger hub houses?

westdan719

James Holst, I thank you so much for taking the time to meet you. Show was awesome!

IceManBran

Does anyone have the going price on the FLX30 at the show?

Any good deals on the larger hub houses?

Call Thorne Bros, i’m sure they’ll honor show pricing in store.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Call Thorne Bros, i’m sure they’ll honor show pricing in store.

I was just there this afternoon. I never thought to ask. Would like to know what they are going for at the show first though.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James Holst, I thank you so much for taking the time to meet you. Show was awesome!

It was a lot of fun to catch up with a bunch of people I haven’t talked to in two years!

PJ and I will be bouncing around between the Reeds, Rapala and Norsk booths. I look forward to see lots of friends at the show today!

Reeds and Marine General were both doing 10% off on the Strikemaster Electric Augers which is the best deal I found down there but they only had 5 left of the 24V between the 2 stores as of 3pm yesterday. Both places have been very good about honoring show pricing in store in the past provided your ok with paying the shipping so that might be an option for you as well.

Summerontheriver
    Minnesota & Alaska

Looking on the Vexilar Instagram page, looks like the 28 is ranging 579-719 depending on what shuttle you go with….

Attachments:
    1. Vexilar.png

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Is the show masked or optional? Not trying start debate just wondering so I can plan ahead. Thanks

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Looking on the Vexilar Instagram page, looks like the 28 is ranging 579-719 depending on what shuttle you go with….

Am I seeing that correctly? Is the FLX30 priced at $799?

Summerontheriver
    Minnesota & Alaska

Yes… 799 for the FLX-30 with ultra lithium pack, I dint take this photo, It was posted on the Vexilar Instagram page today. Wish I was there, I’m In Alaska for a few more days.

CC

deals were not great, very Low inventory and definitely was waste of time for me. I found better deals online for example, got a eskimo keeper jacket n bib with free gloves for $300. The show couldn’t even match it.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Another year, another missed Ice Show for me. I spent the time trenching in propane lines to the new build, prepping some gear for next week’s ice trip, and even snuck out in a buddy’s flat bottom fishing on a backwater spot here breaking skim ice to nab a limit of crappies and jumbo perch from early ice spots.

I will never understand the appeal of these shows when it’s the best time of the year to fish (or get stuff done before Winter really hits).

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Another year, another missed Ice Show for me. I spent the time trenching in propane lines to the new build, prepping some gear for next week’s ice trip, and even snuck out in a buddy’s flat bottom fishing on a backwater spot here breaking skim ice to nab a limit of crappies and jumbo perch from early ice spots.

I will never understand the appeal of these shows when it’s the best time of the year to fish (or get stuff done before Winter really hits).

There is many days through out the year you can say that. I’m out fishing as well, but me saying early ice, will be topped by late ice and 15 times between. I would try to go to the Ice show, but last time there the deal were better else where.
    Every one talks about the people they haven’t seen in so long, well I don’t know any one else there.

Brittman

I was there today with my son. The number of companies manufacturing ice house trailers appears to be a dime a dozen.

I have lived in the Twin Cities 27 years and this is my first ice show. Probably would not go back. I have been to a Sportsman show once in the past 20 and have not been to game fair since is started in the 80s. Pheasant Fest a couple of times … mainly to talk with a few people I know that will be there.

Seems like a place where industry reps can talk with each other. Everybody else pays $12 to walk around.

If you are really into custom rods and want to chat with their reps (possibly owners) or hold them in your hands (Scheels has most) … I suppose this was the show for you.

Few lodges and guides from SD, ND, Green Bay and LOTW were there.

tim hurley

Kind of a circus, take it for what it is- not as many lodges this year. I had fun.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was there all weekend. With as easily as fishing gear is flying off shelves most deals were 10%. However Joes still have most of, if not all of their inventory at 20%. Had to restock a display of 30 ice defenses 4 times over the weekend at joes. Good to have the show back.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Typically I go on Saturdays to the show and this year I went on Sunday. Whenever I go again it will always be on Sunday. Way less crowds and better deals. Picked up an Eskimo Pistol Bit 8 for 170 bucks and was able to get an extra set of blades from the Eskimo booth for free.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.