St Patty’s Celebrations

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Is anyone celebrating St Patrick’s Day this weekend? I’m going to meet a buddy down at Eagan Arms Public House tonight. Never been there before but probably have a few Guinness mrgreen

MX1825

Is anyone celebrating St Patrick’s Day this weekend? I’m going to meet a buddy down at Eagan Arms Public House tonight. Never been there before but probably have a few Guinness mrgreen

Instead of GREEN BEER???

Pat K
    Empire, MN

As someone named Patrick here is a sign I saw in the Dublin airport about 10 years ago.

Attachments:
    1. st-paddys.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’m headed down to da pub later to celebrate a wee bit……not cause its st paddy’s day though….. house is pd off celebrating that!!!! yay yay whistling

brandyman
    West central MN

That’s awesome Glenn!

I got some more ginger beer for the Jameson.

Sharon
    SE Metro

The boys and I made sure to play outside yesterday in the sunshine since today is looking to be cloudy and chilly!
    Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!
    toast

Picture loading…

Attachments:
    1. 433450304_10227205695383203_2017591709334645486_n.jpg

Pat K
    Empire, MN

Congrats Glenn!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

thanks guys its a great feeling!!!! waytogo yay

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Congrats Glenn! applause applause applause

CaptainMusky

Helluva accomplishment congratulations! Now go pound down a pint!

Sylvanboat

We are RVing down in Phoenix and looking for corn beef & cabbage for dinner. Pubs are opening at 7 am with cover charges for all day St Pats celebrations. Clogger Dancers and bands galore. RVers at our resort decorate their golf carts for a parade. Who says retirees don’t party?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Helluva accomplishment congratulations! Now go pound down a pint!

rotflol rotflol peace pretty sure i pounded a couple pints last night at Winners here in town!!!!
    twasnt green either!!!!!!! woot

lindyrig79

Interesting on the Patty’s vs Paddy’s. I would have never guessed Paddy’s was preferred, thought that was more slang.

Hopefully you can get past it, Patrick!

I’m making some corn beef and cabbage today, along with a few more Guinness!
    toast

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Interesting on the Patty’s vs Paddy’s. I would have never guessed Paddy’s was preferred, thought that was more slang.

Patrick is the anglicized version of the Irish “Pádraig” or “Pádraic” which I understand is pronounced (roughly) as “paw-drigg”.

I must be one of the 0.01% around these parts that has no Irish lineage whatsoever. I have traveled in the Republic and find it and Northern Ireland wonderful (although the North can be a little intense in places).

But you won’t find me drink any green dyed beer tonight. And corned beef. You can have it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

toast

It’s all good. St Patrick was a British colonizer any ways. So it’s really a horse a piece.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

toast

I’ve had a couple pints of Smithwicks so it’s all good.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Anyone here remember the tent party they use to have at Bennigans in Bloomington. That use to be a great party. They use to have the Johnny Home band most years. Drank my share of beer there over the years.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I must be one of the 0.01% around these parts that has no Irish lineage whatsoever.

I’m in that group too. I’m gonna say that there are a lot more people around here that have absolutely no Irish in their lineage than you might think.

lindyrig79

I don’t know if I have any Irish lineage or not. Mostly German and Scandinavian but that doesn’t stop me from celebrating.

And true or not, I prefer to think that St Patrick did, in fact, drive the snakes from Ireland. mrgreen

deertracker

Took in the 44th anniversary of the Padua Pub St. Patrick’s Day parade. All 8 floats of it. rotflol Bonus points if you know where Padua is.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2882-scaled.jpeg

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I went with the wife and girls into town for a parade…there’s quite a few big Irish families and tons of people with Irish descendants in the area. A buddy wanted to borrow a trailer for it and his family so I wanted to go holler at them a bit. I’m not the slightest amount Irish, but won’t hesitate to crack a Guinness to celebrate. The wife whipped up a nice “Irish” seared chuck roast with all the fixings and some good cabbage.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t know if I have any Irish lineage or not. Mostly German and Scandinavian but that doesn’t stop me from celebrating.

And true or not, I prefer to think that St Patrick did, in fact, drive the snakes from Ireland. mrgreen

The “snakes were the pegans, the celts.” not literal snakes. That portion of Ireland in fact never had snakes.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Anyone here remember the tent party they use to have at Bennigans in Bloomington. That use to be a great party. They use to have the Johnny Home band most years. Drank my share of beer there over the years.

I both remember and forget those nights.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m 100% German-ish (German, Belgian, and Czech), but happy to celebrate another European culture built off drinking! rotflol Jameson while golfing on Friday was my tribute I guess. And I always pick up a few corned beef briskets this week when they are on sale waytogo

St. Peter and St. Paul were the craziest Paddy’s Day festivities I participated in when I was a younger man!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I both remember and forget those nights.

They were sure fun, but a few of them got a little rough on the body. These days a outing like that would most likely Kill me.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Took in the 44th anniversary of the Padua Pub St. Patrick’s Day parade.

The best part is that it goes down the street, turns around, and comes back. )

JEREMY
    BP

I think my age was showing. I grabbed a beer walked up town into the first bar and thought, this is to damn crowded and to damn loud so I walked back home with the same beer I went with.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.