St. Croix River Opener GTG

• cougareye
    Hudson, WI

You are invited to the annual St. Croix River get-together!!! This is our annual gathering of SCR rats and newbies or just anyone that likes fishing and meeting their fellow fisherman (and women).

When: April 28th – Thursday

Where: Shiners Bar and Grill Address: 157 St Croix Trail, Lakeland, MN 55043
    Just south of Int. 94 – last exit heading east before you cross into WI.

Time : After work – generally 5-9 pm

Please join us again this year, I don’t know how many of these I’ve been to now but it’s a good time every year. Hope to see you there. Post below if you can make it, but not required, decide last minute if you like.

Eric

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ll be there fo sho! Not sure about the FW.

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

Brian,
    Someone sure did a nice job of Photoshoping that Walleye in your hands.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It’s April Fools Day!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Unfortunately, I am going to miss the GTG and opener this year. I hope to be back in the country just in time for the Hamm Room on May 14th.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Unfortunately, I am going to miss the GTG and opener this year. I hope to be back in the country just in time for the Hamm Room on May 14th.

Can I drag crawlers through your trough on opener? mrgreen

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

shock

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bzzsaw wrote:</div>

Can I drag crawlers through your trough on opener? mrgreen

As long as you don’t take any pictures with that Railroad bridge in the background. -)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Buzz? Who’s going to give the seminar on “How to get along with sail boats” this year?

I always looked forward to it!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Buzz? Who’s going to give the seminar on “How to get along with sail boats” this year?

I always looked forward to it!

Brian, Unfortunately, I think there are more than a few people qualified to give this seminar. Maybe it could be replaced with discussions on Targeting walleyes preseason or Best/Worst places to launch your boat on the Croix. -)

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’ve always enjoyed targeting crappie by draggin 1/2 a crawler on the bottom in 16 FOW in April. works wonders….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Steveo, did you just volunteer?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’ve always enjoyed targeting crappie by draggin 1/2 a crawler on the bottom in 16 FOW in April. works wonders….

I’ve always found a jig and a minnow works wonders on the steep break lines or other well known walleye spots for white bass in April

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

You guys do realize that Pool 4 is a connecting water right? coffee

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

1 week from today!!

It’s also NFL draft day so come watch the Vikings build their soon-to-be-Superbowl championship squad!!

Eric

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

It’s also NFL draft day so come watch the Vikings build their soon-to-be-Superbowl championship squad!!

Eric

Aren’t you starting the party a little early Eric? doah waytogo

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Ok, Thursday is the day. I have another happy hour that same day so I may not get there until 6 or 6:30.

But please look for one another and make a new friend!!

I may stay later that night as the Vikes/Pack pick late in the draft and I’ll probably stay for the entirety of the 1st round as Spielman likes to trade back into the last few picks. So if you can’t make it until later, stop by.

ET

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

Might make it, depends on if my track meet is on schedule or not. Question for those of you that frequent the st. croix opening day. How early do you need to arrive to get a parking spot at Lakefront? Or where else is a good spot to launch? If showed up mid-day would I be able to find a open spot from the early birds leaving?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m thinking I’ll be there early and staying until the soccer stadium is built.

Sorry I can’t help you Tim. I’m not familiar with Lakefront.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Might make it, depends on if my track meet is on schedule or not. Question for those of you that frequent the st. croix opening day. How early do you need to arrive to get a parking spot at Lakefront? Or where else is a good spot to launch? If showed up mid-day would I be able to find a open spot from the early birds leaving?

Really depends on the weather. The nicer the forecast the earlier you’d want to be there. Get there before 6 and you should find a spot

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Good news and Bad news.

I won’t be attending the GTG this year. I have the opportunity after many years to move my dad out of the Vets home and onto a farm where he’ll be able to drive tractor, milk cows, feed chickens and all that other farm stuff SO Thursday I am going and getting him a vehicle which he has not had in over 3 years.

I am bummed I won’t see you all this year but happy I am getting my dad out of the home and back on his feet again.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Cool Jesse! So what’s the bad news? blush

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Tim,

You should be fine mid-day at Lakefront in Hudson. It’s not that nice yet that you’ll have recreational boats out and I’m sure there will be turnover. You might get to wait a few minutes but it shouldn’t be that bad.

ET

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Turns out I need to make a run to Everts but will be there to talk walleyes cats/sturg and shituff around 6 pm.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

FYI
    They pulled the piers at lakefront yesterday
    Water is coming up and more rain today
    That might be a dicey situation for launching

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Follow up
    Launch is closed

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.