St. Croix Opener GTG

• Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Beanies and Windmill will have shuttles. I haven’t been to the Wash Cnty Park on opener so I can’t comment except that they have less parking.

So as many of you know Beanies has new owners. a policy change is this:

NO off site shuttling anymore.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Just getting the word out as I understand it, so when Beanies is full its full.

As I understand it- “Beanies Landing” is transitioning into “Beanies Marina” more of a boat and pontoon rental place than a boat launch place.

Currently not sure they will be officially “open” for walleye opener. Its a new year for them and they are getting up to speed.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Wow, thanks for heads up.

craig s

Perfect! just what the Croix needs!!
    More places for the $500,000+ yachts to clog..

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Two days out for the GTG. 4 days until the opener!

The NFL draft is that night and I’ll be there until the soon to be super bowl champions draft at #30.

Ice is still very visible from the I 94 bridge this morning, I’m now predicting we’ll have ice to deal with, and no wake, and several launches will be closed or limited. Better come and drown your sorrows Thursday at Shiners!

ET

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Two days out for the GTG. 4 days until the opener!

The NFL draft is that night and I’ll be there until the soon to be super bowl champions draft at #30.

Ice is still very visible from the I 94 bridge this morning, I’m now predicting we’ll have ice to deal with, and no wake, and several launches will be closed or limited. Better come and drown your sorrows Thursday at Shiners!

ET

I’m predicting ice will be out between 94 and Afton before the Superbowl Wannabees draft at #30 tomorrow night. -)

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

If that stuff lets go with a bunch of boats out there its gonna be a dangerous situation. I wouldnt launch below that ice until those sheets are flushed.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Unfortunately I am out, stuck in Boston until Friday.

buschman
    Pool 2

If that stuff lets go with a bunch of boats out there its gonna be a dangerous situation. I wouldnt launch below that ice until those sheets are flushed.

It will be something that everyone should have on their minds.. I have been down this road on P2 in the winter. The Croix is wide enough where I can only assume there will be a path through but if you have never chopped through a little ice before it is something you may want to avoid.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I have video, I’ll share tonight with those who are interested, I took from a friends place on the river this morning. I literally could see the massive sheet of ice slowly creeping it’s way down stream. It probably moved 25-30 yards over night. The commercial fishermen were out there at 6 am this morning cruising up and down the shorelines trying to bust up the ice and get it moving. Apparently they don’t have to abide by the no wake rule???

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’ll have pictures tonight too taken from Troy landing and from Prescott. As of last night, Troy was a no go with ice and Prescott you could get in but the water is high. The ice sheet starts about 1/4 mi north of town.

Mos’

It sounds like it will be a game day decision down towards Prescott between ice and current.. wondering if anyone knows what the Boom landing north of Stillwater looks like? Is that going to be usable for launching or that area of the river fishable?

craig s

Stopped at franconia and osceola today. The water is about 2-3′ from creeping onto parking areas!!!
    Water is whipping along REAL good, some grass and crud floating but surprisingly water didn’t look muddy..
    I’ll be dropping in at the long cabin and working south, not expecting anything great but been dying to get back out!
    Good luck all.

Evan Veire

Great group of people down at shiners tonight. Look forward to seeing you out on the river. Good luck this weekend.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Welcome Evan. Wish I could’ve been there tonight. Look for the white CC north of Stillwater. wave

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Great to see everyone and meet some new faces last night.

Just an FYI the ice broke free yesterday north of Prescott. It is wide open as far as I can see. There are a few ice bergs floating around out there yet but wide open.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Great to see so many people out last night. Old and new faces! Good luck fishing this weekend!

buschman
    Pool 2

It was nice to meet you all as well. Thanks for the invite. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Good luck out there boys.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Stopped at franconia and osceola today. The water is about 2-3′ from creeping onto parking areas!!!
    Water is whipping along REAL good, some grass and crud floating but surprisingly water didn’t look muddy..
    I’ll be dropping in at the long cabin and working south, not expecting anything great but been dying to get back out!
    Good luck all.

Thanks for the report from up that way. My favorite area to fish. High water has us headed for the rainy this weekend. Planning on hitting log house or Osceola next.

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.