St Croix Legend Xtremes

• Sean Solberg
    St. Paul

As a heads up, it looks like St Croix is going to be changing up something on their Xtremes. The Woodbury Cabelas had all of their Legend Xtreme’s marked down to ~330ish.

The handles are goofy looking (dildo-esque if you ask me), but you have a chance to get into a top of the line St Croix for 330… Worth it in my book.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I love the legend extreme rods. Hate the handles. Legend elite are the same rod with a cork handle.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I have 4 extremes and love the black handles. I’m not a big fan of split grips.

Sean Solberg
    St. Paul

I just got an Xtreme… wan’t real happy with it until I put on a reel that balanced it. The foregrip feels amazing once I got it balanced.

Scuttlebut at Cabelas is that they are going to redo the handles – hence the price drop.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I hope they add some material above the reel seat. That’s the only reason I don’t use them. That’s a great price tho.

Sean Solberg
    St. Paul

Dave, that’s actually my favorite thing about the rod currently. I like the idea of just having my fingers resting on the blank itself.

I haven’t actually fished it yet though… so what is it you don’t like about that configuration?

DMHEID
    Bismarck, ND

I have a 7’1″ and a 6’10” both in MLXF. One has a Shimano Stradic, the other a Pflueger Patriarch. Those are the only two rods I really care about in my entire arsenal. For pitching jigs on the Missouri come spring time, I’d fight my own kin if they try to take one from me. Plus I got them for $240/each.

Sean Solberg
    St. Paul

Looks like St Croix is updating the Xtremes with a hook keeper and a slight color change. They are also introducing a new series of rods which will have split grip cork – differentiated from the legend elites by the split grip.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Sean, I need more leverage for snap jigging. That’s why I hold the rod above the reel seat. The lack of handle up there is an issue for my fat hands. I had Thorne bros put cork handles and keepers on a few years back. They are now my go to rods.

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

Without a doubt the new Extremes will be much better than the old model. I see they are adding the Fuji Torzite guides which is their top of the line guide which finally puts it on par with the Legend Elite model. I still can’t believe they charged about the same for the 2 rods when they were still using Stainless guides on the old Extreme model.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.