Squirrel problems?

• Jeff Schomaker

What do you guys do to keep the squirrels from tearing the hell out of your treestand seats? Or is there anything that can be done? I have a couple stands I wanna go hang but don’t want the seat torn to shreds before season even gets here.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I take the padding off the seats before I put them out, then put them back on labor day weekend.

deertracker

I take the padding off and just bring a pad with me on every set. It attaches to my back pack.
    DT

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

In all but my one stand that is a padded sling style seat the pads come in out out with me during season. The sling seat one comes with me the first sit in that stand and comes out with the stand at seasons end.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

What ever you do, don’t shoot any. If you shoot a squirrel, 20 show up for the funeral……..

Jeff Schomaker

There is no way I could eradicate them all. The timber I hunt is full of huge walnut trees. I’ve never seen so many squirrels in my life.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Man I could use some tree rats! Good eating!!!

Bullheadfinder

Come to Richfield, plenty of tree rats here. Bought a nice air rifle. Sighted in to a quarters diameter. Studied ballistics of pellets. Still too many around. Can “relocate” one a day and another fills its place. Just don’t mess with my garden an we are cool. They love cucumbers. Jerks.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Trap as many as you can and let them go in Glenn’s front yard. )

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Better yet when you drop them off we’ll just butcher right away!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.