spring bobbers

• Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Do you find that when using a spring bobber you like a rod with a stiffer tip so you can see the spring move before the blank tip does?

maddogg

Do you find that when using a spring bobber you like a rod with a stiffer tip so you can see the spring move before the blank tip does?

Yes I like the tip a little stiffer. I don’t like the tip bouncing around.

hnd

when i spoke with st croix they mentioned the reason their legend ice rods were stiffer than say a typcal UL rod was so that you could see the spring move and not the rod. I’ve placed bobbers on UL/L rods before and it can be infuriating.

mike e

Broke my primary panfish pole(with spring) in half during a trip a long time ago and am still using it today. I just happened to have a little shrink tube in the glove box and the rest is history. I keep some in my tackle box now. Clipped a perfectly good pole for my backup rig..

Try it with an old pole that just sits around or find a clearance cheapie available now. Leave just enough past an eyelet to dual wall shrink tube a bobber on.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.