Sports……….what happened?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Seems we use to have a lot of discussion revolving around the college & pro sports teams. Now very little. We still have a few guys discussing the Wild but that’s about it. Gophers played last night, Gophers mens hockey has been silent. Very little of Packers or Vikings this year. So what gives? Why the lack of sports talk?

Which reminds me……heard a good one on the radio today. Traffic commentator stated ” expect heavy traffic around the Target Center tonight the Timberwolves host the Spurs”. (I think it was the Spurs) jester jester jester Heavy traffic, really! rotflol rotflol rotflol

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

It’s hard for us Wisconsin/Packer fans to keep beating the dead horse. chased smash I’m actually starting to feel sorry for the misery of the Viqueens, Gophers, Twins, Wolves, Wild, etc. Well… maybe just the Wild.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Following Minnesota sports teams is a lot like slamming your head with the car door and waiting for it to start feeling better.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

As a Packer fan, I find it a complete waste of time to talk about my favorite team on this site.
    To many “haters” to make it worth my time.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

DB, you must really like the abuse. Things have been so lopsided lately, there isn’t much to discuss.

Probably the only exciting thing that has happened in the last couple weeks is Virginia(Halas) McCaskey got her head out of her rear end and fired Emery. Will never make up for the loss of Jerome Vainisi who was outstanding at drafting young talent. So that leaves the Bears at least 3 to 5 years out from getting anywhere.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Here’s one:
    Make me an argument John Smoltz is a 1st ballot HOFer and Mike Mussina is not. I don’t see a difference. 3.3sh NL ERA compared to 3.6sh AL, comparable WHIPs, 270 wins for Mussina. Both maybe multiple all stars but not Cy Youngs. I don’t buy the saves argument because like a DH who is a defensive liability, closers are generally a liability as a started. I question Smoltz belongs in the Hall at all.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

As a Packer fan, I find it a complete waste of time to talk about my favorite team on this site.
    To many “haters” to make it worth my time.

X200!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m actually starting to feel sorry for the misery of the Viqueens, Gophers, Twins, Wolves, Wild, etc. Well… maybe just the Wild.

I feel worse for you guys not having an NHL team and lets face it, hockey is the only sport worth talking about.

And by the way, that talk is just as active as ever even with the meltdown.

gary d
    cordova,il

WWE- – – – – LOL Will the closet watchers come out? doah coffee hah

Anonymous
    Inactive

Personally, I’m getting less and less interested in sports, I think due to the off field stuff, and the “attitudes” of the leagues. Sports is not about sports anymore, it is entertainment meant to get the most dollars out of the public. ie Vikings stadium.

Another thing that drives me nuts is when the players just go through the motions, I know its their job, and we all have bad days, but we pay good money to see them I expect a good effort. When the fans care more than the players… it goes downhill

I follow hockey, but most of the time I’ll DVR a game and watch it if it’s good, if it’s a bore, DE-lete…..

I still enjoy the packer fans that are nut cases and think the world revolves around the packers, that seems to be better entertainment than the games themselves.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

It’s too bad some fans cannot be as passionate about their team as Packers fans. Yes some of the Packers fans go overboard at times, but that’s what happens when you have a winner. Something Vikings fans do not have.

There I started the fight!

Just kidding guys, don’t get all serious now -)

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

It’s hard for us Wisconsin/Packer fans to keep beating the dead horse. chased smash I’m actually starting to feel sorry for the misery of the Viqueens, Gophers, Twins, Wolves, Wild, etc. Well… maybe just the Wild.

Sconny has some of its own problems. Bucks and Badger Football coach carousel to name a few.

Having said that, GO PACK!

FDR

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

It’s too bad some fans cannot be as passionate about their team as Packers fans. Yes some of the Packers fans go overboard at times, but that’s what happens when you have a winner. Something Vikings fans do not have.

This made me think of why this is. Who do you give the most blame and credit to? Owners, GM, Head Coach, QB the list can go on. I realize that the answer can change from team to team. I have my ideas, but I would like to see what everyone else thinks.

FDR

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

With a large Majority of the members from this site being from Minnesota and Wisconsin there has not been much good in sports to talk about for the last few years. Yes Wisconsin, you have the Packers. Thank god because you don’t have anything else. Brewers and Bucks – You don’t want to go there. Minnesota we have the Twins, Timberpuppies, and Wild. I don’t think WE want to go there. I had high hopes for the wild this season with one of the top 2 or 3 payrolls. You sure would have though they would have had a better season than they have. Just goes to show that more Money does not always equal more wins.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

There I started the fight!

Just kidding guys, don’t get all serious now -)

I’m waiting to hear from BK regarding your full and immediate expulsion.

I try to never let the ability of the purple (or lackthereof) stop me from talking smack. The absurdity it brings is always good for a chuckle.

By the way, our new superstar franchise QB was nominated for Pepsi rookie of the year, adding to the already growing list of accolades this young man is piling up.

The tides will most definitely turn when that guy with the weak calves in sconnie decides to hang it up.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>icenutz wrote:</div>

By the way, our new superstar franchise QB was nominated for Pepsi rookie of the year, adding to the already growing list of accolades this young man is piling up.

Slow down there on this Purple superstar QB jester I hope I am wrong but I don’t believe he is likely to become a true superstar. I’d be happy with him becoming a Average QB. That would be more than the purple has had at QB for most of the last 10-15 years

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

With the Packers winning most of the time for years now there’s nothing more to be said that hasn’t been said already. Winning acts does all the talking. On the flip side, loosing acts talk too – like stomping on players already on the ground and physically assaulting children.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Yes Wisconsin, you have the Packers. Thank god because you don’t have anything else.

Our Wisconsin basketball badgers went to the final four last year.
    The Badger football team won its bowl game over an SEC opponent this year.

Believe it or not, we also like and cheer for our college teams here.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Can’t forget a shout-out to my local D3 UW-Whitewater. 6 National Football Championships in the last 8 years. Oh, and in the same year, National Basketball, Baseball, and was it gymnastics or swimming champs, not to mention the women’s success there too. Unbelievable!!!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Yea for Gopher Wrestling!

Teasing Packer fans has lost all its fun. They are so detached from reality that it is like picking on a short bus kid.

Rodgers and McCarty 1-2 at home in the playoffs. Only win: VS MN Vikings and 3rd string QB Joe Webb. Maybe this week they can get to .500. Whoopie!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

It’s been nice to see the Gophers football program become a little more relevant. I was disappointed with their conservative play in their bowl game. They did have a chance to win that game against a much higher rated team. Expectations are getting higher and with that the “moral” victories will carry less weight.

They gave the Badgers a nice run but were worn down in the second half.
    They played Ohio St. very tough and came pretty close only losing by 7 with some bad turnovers and a field goal hitting the upright.That what would have been one of the larger upsets of the season. They need a stronger passing attack, although Leidner was accurate against Mizzou. Max Williams opting for the NFL draft hurts but that’s the nature of the beast.

Recruiting at the U is improving and a win in the Citrus Bowl would have helped with that.
    We should see improvement with both the Vikes and the Gophers next year. I do think Bridgewater will be an above average QB.

The Minnesota Lynx are a dynasty!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Teasing Packer fans has lost all its fun. They are so detached from reality that it is like picking on a short bus kid.

Its not hard picturing you doing plenty of that in your day.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>DaveB wrote:</div>

Its not hard picturing you doing plenty of that in your day.

OHHHHHHH SNAP!!!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

You can always tell the short bus kids, they wear cheese shaped triangles on their heads to keep the government from stealing their fat women and Miller Beer.

iakid52
    Cedar Rapids, IA.

Enough is enough. I’ve had it. If anyone can top this, have at it. HAWKEYE FOOTBALL. What happened to it? This year stunk. Not sure we beat one team with a winning record. Our record over the past 5 yrs stands at a pasty 34W – 30L. Do you think Cap’n Kirk should be on the next spaceship out of ICity? I can’t go on. Not only that, here in East Central IA. ice fishing leaves a lot to be desired. Planning a trip up Nordt to get in on a good bite somewhere.

Nough said.

Attachments:
    1. icefishing11514.jpg

bullcans
    Northfield MN

You can always tell the short bus kids, they wear cheese shaped triangles on their heads to keep the government from stealing their fat women and Miller Beer rotflol rotflol rotflol

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

You can always tell the short bus kids, they wear cheese shaped triangles on their heads to keep the government from stealing their fat women and Miller Beer.

sleeping sleeping sleeping

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Seems it’s always the Minnesotans chasing the fat women.

desperado

Yes some of the Packers fans go overboard at times

may we have the envelope please
    and the award for “understatement of the year” goes to . . .

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.