Spoons w/ dropper chains

• Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Can work great if you are fishing a little deeper or need to attract fish but they are hesitant to hit the spoon.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

They work very well…
    Custom Jigs & Spoons Slender Jig with a gold dropper has worked well this winter.
    I dropped a camera down and found that they were Leary of a treble hook.
    Went to a single hook and it was lights out difference.
    give it a try

Carter Paulson

Haven’t caught a perch on a treble hook this year. Guys i fish with have used Johnson snare spoons with a dropper chain and single hook. Way out performed other tackle

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

I don’t use a drop chain on my spoons but I do use a minnow head hook made by Northland tackle has work good for me I use them for walleye crappie perch

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

I really like them for perch

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I dropped a camera down and found that they were Leary of a treble hook.
    Went to a single hook and it was lights out difference.

Now that you say this… I was fishing a couple of weeks ago and it was a tough bite. I could get plenty of fish to come up but nothing to bite. I switched spoons and got one to bite. I thought it was the flutter of the spoon falling that triggered the bite. That spoon only had a single hook and all the other jigs I tossed down had trebles.

shockers
    Rochester

Just figured I’d throw out there…

While ice fishing Devils Lake in December, one of the guys at Woodlands suggested using the spoon with dropper chain lure. However, his advice was to not use the chain at all. Instead, he said to tie about an 18-inch length of line on the spoon down to the hook. Apparently to attract fish from a distance etc. I tried it and caught a couple, but bite was slow so can’t really say if it’s a ‘proven’ technique. But might be worth trying at some point.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.