Perch action on Spirit?

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

anything starting to heat up yet? I know the last good perch report came over a month ago. Not that the fishing hasn’t been good all the way through, just nothing I have read.

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

Nothing that I know of for sure but this time of year it is almost a given that the perch will start back up on Spirit. Have not made the Sept. trip the last 2 years due to trips to Rainy Lake Mn. but in years past the middle of Sept. there has been an awesome perch bite at the north end of the lake.

Good Luck

Layne Monroe

chomps
    Sioux City IA

let us know how things turn out, have a free day, and if the weather is nice, I’ll get going.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Being the river is shot for some time, I’m willing to give it a try.

SLDUCK

fished 10-3 and 10-4. weather was nice with wind. I was walleye fishing live rigs with 2 to 3 inch shiners. Caught some walleyes but on day one put 17 really nice perch in the live-well. next day was semwha the same. The fish would hit a dead stick rigged with one of the shiners. If I held the rod I usually strck to quick and missed the fish. I just let the fish work on the shiner until they had hooked themselves. It was surprising how big a shiner an 11 inch fish will chew on. I found the fish spread out and thus drifting. Most the usual spot worked, My suggetions is to keep moving and you will put fish in the boat. Anchor up if you must but you sure wait along time before a school may find you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.