big spirit walleye 8-8-09

• SLDUCK

I had posted a couple weeks ago on the weed-line bite. It was still on as of Sunday I hooked up again with some decent fish. Front blew in, not sure if that had anything to do with things. Caught a 22″, 21″ 20″ and 19″ . Caught 2 on perch walleye diver and 2 on a blugegill colored Shad Rap #7. Also caught 2 fish at 16″ and one 14″. This happened over a 3 hour period. Was on the east side and in the 10 to 12 ft range. I did take photos this time and will post the 4 larger fish. I had an Off Shore planner board for scale and they are 9 and 7/8 of an inch long. I was just long-lining again without the planner boards.

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

….great report!!….Don’t ya just love catching them small mouth?…LOL..

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Another nice report! Good Job.

benihana
    Central MN

Nice bunch of eyes there. We tried trolling that area a couple weeks ago and only got one striper and a perch, both closer to big stony point, of course there was some not so smart person running there nice big boat pulling a tube inside the bouys over rednose and little stony points, and not slowly either. What time of day do you go? Before the pleasure boaters get out there, or closer to dusk?

SLDUCK

i was out first in the morning around 7:30 am. I wanted to go the night before at dusk because I have had success in the past with this pattern but did get it done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.