GNWC tourney…

• CaptainAnchor
    Floyd, IA

Hello all,

Well we fished the state championship only to get our butts handed to us. The fish on Big Spirit are definitely there. I had a 4+ pounder and a 6+ pounder during pre-fishing. The photos are in my Dad’s digital so cannot post today. All the teams had no problem catching fish. We averaged 25+ fish a day. Problem was they were mostly 12 to 13 inchers. I found trolling cranks on leadcore and long-lining deep diving plugs to work almost anywhere we tried. I tried pulling spinners and caught 10 short fish before switching back to cranks. As the temps cool the fishing should only get better. Thanks to Ryan Hale and the local folks for helping out. This was the most help I have seen from locals and it was nice to see some support. OUT…

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Hey Troy what’s up? Sorry we didn’t get to talk more at the tourney.Seen you at the dock and was hoping you would come by so we could talk.
    As you know it is so hit and miss at these tourneys.One day you get a few great fish the next day you can’t buy a legal fish.Don’t feel bad as alot of teams didn’t get into the good fish.I would have done the same thing as you and your dad as that is what Cole and I did.Cole did get a nice 25″ eye Sunday morning but it was before your tourney hours.Spirit is a great lake with alot of awesome fish,in my opinion it is the best natural lake in the state.
    Your boat looks really nice,best of luck at LOTW.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.