Heading to Spirit for the weekend

• emover
    Malcom, IA

I am planning to visit my son Fri – Sun and get in some fishing. Will hit Spirit for sure, does anyone know of any good patterns. Interested in walleye, perch, smallies, crapppie, any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    dave

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Ryan, Have you been on Spirit Lately? Hows the crank trolling bite been lately? Thanks, Bill

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Bill,actually the crank bite has been there all summer.I have a good friend that also guides on the IGL’s and he had his best day ever on walleyes ANYWHERE in the mid-west trolling crank’s in early June.
    I think the Iowa GNWC State Championships will be won trolling crankbaits.
    Ryan Hale

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Do I put you on the spot asking you which brand are best on Spirit? lol. Which ones besides Frenzys? I know they work everywhere. Which ones are your favorite colors? Thanks, Bill

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Shad Raps,Frenzy’s-the Firestick minnow has been hot for me,Rip Shads.I always have a perch colored lure down as the walleyes feed alot on smaller perch in Spirit Lake.Casting the weedlines in fall is a excellent way to get into some awesome walleye fishing.
    Ryan Hale

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Dave, how did you and your son you do last weekend on the walleye?

Ryan, Have you and Wade been out together lately?

Thanks, Bill

emover
    Malcom, IA

Bill,
    We ran into a slow bite, (cold front) and poor weather. Fished S. end of Spirit Firday night, got one sublegal eye. Rain and wind kept us off the water until Satuday afternoon, when the traffic was HEAVY, tubers, skiers, PWCs, and CRAZED boaters, one small bass. But time fishing and with son can’t be beat, had a great weekend. Thanks for asking

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Glad you guys had fun. I agree, its not what or how much you catch but its the time together on the water thats important. Hope you guys get alot more chances to get out together. You still have several months left yet and when summers over there won’t be as many pleasure people out. Keep everyone posted on your next outtings and go get em.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.