22nd Annual Great Walleye Weekend Tournament.May 1-2,2004

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I just got my flyer for this annual event on the Iowa Great Lakes.There are 24 specially tagged fish with 6 walleyes tagged.If you catch one of these walleyes you win $10,000!!!One of my good friends caught a tag walleye off his dock 2 years ago and took home $10,000.There are also alot of other prizes for top 3 in many areas.Here is a # for info.1-800-839-9987.
    A warning for those of you who have never been to opening week-end on the Iowa Great Lakes-it can be a zoo!!!! If the weather is nice there will be close to 10,000 anglers in the area.Hope to see a few of you guys there.
    Ryan Hale

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Ryan need more info on this.Does it have a web site ? Where can I download form and rules. Do I have to call them and have them mail it out to me.? Jim

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Ryan,

May 1st is my birthday. Ten grand would make a decent birthday present. Having the walleye opener land on your birthday has to be a good sign, right?

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

James,call the 1-800 # and they will send you info for the tourney.
    Wade is that your 40th already? Walleyes and b-days,what more could you ask for?
    Ryan Hale

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Wade is that your 40th already? Walleyes and b-days,what more could you ask for?

Ten grand…

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Wade, if it would make you feel better we could ALL line up and give you 10,000 Birthday spankings!
    Thanks, Bill

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

It’s a tough decision Bill, but I think I’d prefer the cash!

But, If I’m gonna get smacked around I’m ready!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Ok guys. You heard the man. Lets line up!
    Thanks, Bill

ps. Thanks for the great service. Got my order today and I just placed it the other day. Thanks.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Wade,are you and Tami going to enter the Easter Seals contest if you fish the opener?Hope to see you 2 up there.
    Ryan Hale

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Ryan, we’re trying to see if we can get my mother-in-law to take the little one for the weekend. If so, we can probably stay at our neighbor’s cabin on West Boji. I’m working hard to get it done!

What’s the Easter Seals thing? Is that the big money prize walleye thingy?

If we can’t stay at our neighbor’s cabin, how hard will it be for me to find a motel for that weekend? Impossible?

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Wade,yes it is very hard to get a room and sometimes even camping spots at the last moment.I can get you a # for a nice place to stay right on West Lake for $60 a night.
    I’ll be working for Scott Reed(Purefishing) on Thursday & Friday(29 & 30).
    Yes the contest is for the Easter Seals walleye week-end contest.You will have until midnight Friday night to get entered in it.
    Ryan Hale

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Look forward to some fishing reports on that lake from you guys. Have always wanted to fish that lake but never have. Sounds like the opener weekend will be VERY crowded. Maybe later in the summer I can get down there.
    Thanks, Bill

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Bill, give us a yell if you get down this way. Good fishing, but yes it is crowded a bit.

Ryan,

I’ll give you a call if I need a place to stay. Found out we got the sitter, now I just need the neighbor to come through. Better bake a pie or something. If not, we’ll be there anyway, at least for the day.

Where do you sign up for the Easter Seals event?

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

If any of you guys are going to fish the opener on the Iowa Great Lakes stop by and say hi.I’ll be working for Purefishing in the Walmart parking lot on the 29 & 30th(April).You can donate a few dollars to the Childrens Miracle Network and get your reels spooled with 8#XL.Take care and hope to see a few site members.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.