River Smallmouth

• netman
    Wisconsin

Well it’s that time of year again,the Smallmouth males are staged to spawn and the females aren’t far behind.
    I took the opportunity to take my son Cole and his buddy Cameron fishing today for some prespawners i’d found last week and they were still there for the boys and myself to enjoy.
    We had a great day with around 25 fish ranging from 13″ to 20″. The largest was caught by Cole,a beautiful fish measuring 20″ and about 4 lbs.Cameron managed to catch his first Smallmouth ever,a good sized male measuring 17.5″ and about 3 lbs.I managed to catch a dandy river Northern,our tape wasn’t long enough to get an accurate measurement,sorry,we guessed it at around 34″.
    The biggest and majority of fish came on a wh/chart dbl willowblade spinnerbait.We managed to catch 5 fish pitching plastics,guess they were Hungry.
    We managed a few doubles during the day,which are always a blast.
    I can’t think of a better way to spend a spring day than with family and friends,especially with two young pups ready to set the water on fire,like Cole and Cameron.
    All in all it was great to see them two have a blast and make some memories.
    Most of our fish came in 3-5 fow and on a fast retrieve and the water temp started at 48 degrees and ended up at 51 degrees.

milkdud
    WI

yea that was a good time. man i love that smallie i caught! haha but ur toothey critter was the biggest by far. cameron did a good job fpr his first time to.
    thanx for taking me to dad

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

That is totally awesome guys! Great job and thanks for sharing!

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Nice smallies guys, and nice gator dad!!!! We have a ball with skinny water smallies down here in Ioway this time of year too, geared up to chase some tomorrow if the walleyes aren’t willing. Thanks for sharing!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Thanks for taking the time to report your day of fishing.
    I am officially jealous of you guys.
    Thanks for making my itch even worse

Ron

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Great job guys….looks like a lot of fun

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Looks like a very fun day on the river.
    Nice.
    Jack

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Nice fish, looks like you had a blast!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Looks like a fun day on the water for the Clark family!

River smallies sure are a lot of fun this time of the year.

Boog

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Nice fish Kev, you should’ve brought them here and we could have tested their tackle on some non-baitfish.

netman
    Wisconsin

Quote:

Nice fish Kev, you should’ve brought them here and we could have tested their tackle on some non-baitfish.

Maybe when it slows down,Cole,my brother and myself went the following day and had more action that the day before.We caught around 40 fish in about 2.5hrs,took some pics but they turned out really blurry.Anyway i’ll try to make it soon to go kitty fishing.

boods
    Lancaster, WI

Nice job

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Awesome guys!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.