Lake Fork

• bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Well, I got back from Lake Fork today after 3 days of fishing in conditions that made me flash back to last April 1- cold, guides freezing, wet. Unfortunately for me, I think mom nature had it out for me with 12-15 degree drop in water temps and generally poor fishing. It was great to get out and cast, and feel the pull of some chunky prespawn bass, but the really big ones eluded me. I will say this, if you are thinking of a trip Tom Redington is a top notch guide and a great boat companion. His optimism and sense of humor kept things enjoyable despite frozen guides, 33 degree rain all day and cold feet and hands. Never once did I feel like I was “on the clock” as we fished all day everyday in search of the next Share-a-lunker. I would strongly urge anyone to look him up when planning a trip. Im sure his report will be up soon.

The Lake is about 8 hours from Kansas City, making it a fairly easy trip from anywhere in the midwest, and mostly 4 lane roads. Accomodations at Lake Fork Marina are good and very fisherman friendly with licenses, lures, food all available on site, plus Tom picks you up at the door for the day. One tidbit- IF you enjoy barley pops make sure to pack them as it is a dry county. If anyone has any questions feel free to respond, pm or email me. JJ

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.