I can’t believe this

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I really can’t believe this happened, I ended up winning my first club tourney on sunday on chisago. I posted up an 18, 18 1/4, 18 3/4, and a 19 1/4. I was trying to to cull out the 18 and couldn’t. I was tossing 17’s back and also a few 18’s. we fished a few other spots but we spent most of the day fishing one area. I pulled 21 fish for the 8 hours on the water and posted a 14# 10 oz. winning bag of 4 fish. it was a paper tourney and all fish where dropped back in and lived to be caught again another day. here is a picture of the 19 1/4. I split the big bass with the guy who I was fishing with and the rest went to the club for my dues.

shane

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Congrats Shane!

I still haven’t won a bass tourny!

The first of many I’m sure!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Congrats Shane! I know you’ve been looking for a W!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Congratulations That looks like a nice stump field behind you

col._klink
    St Paul

Way to go Shane!!

evileye
    Milan Il

Good Job Shane

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Well done Shane!!!

riverfan
    MN

Congrats Shane!

John

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Way to go Shane!!

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Nice job Shane

robby
    Quad Cities

Good job Shane!! Congratulations.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Congratulations Shane! What was the hot lure?

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well for most that know the lake, i am sure you can tell where I was from the picture, But I did all of the damage with a tail weighted slugo dead sticking the bottom. for those of you who don’t know what a slugo is, well it is a weird shaped plastic that they don’t make anymore. black was working hard, also caught alot on a white/chrome (silver) double bladed spinner bait, just barely reeling in, just ticking the weed tops, if you can still find the green weeds, you will have something. also look for bait fish, another good area to key in on. also a deep diving crank in about 8FOW was also working good for me, yellow and orange. but all of my winning bag was done with the slugo in about 30 minuets of fishing.

so shhhhh don’t tell anyone else what I was using or the spot i was fishing. thanks for the support guys, I have been jazzed about this win and really didn’t have anyone to share it with, the wife could care less, and well the boys are just a little to young to understand dads great mood.

shane

redneck
    Rosemount

Way to go Shane!!! Congratulations!!!! I could throw a bass joke in here but why bother—you know I’m thinking it Now if you want to play with the big boys, hook that boat up and come down to Evert’s for the Saugerama on the 20th. It will be a good time and we can tip a few when it’s over. Congrats again man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishing vet
    Blaine, MN

Shane – You sounded like you were not on any fish when I talked to you 2 days before the tourney. Looks like you put together a good game plan once you got on the water. Those are some nice fish that you caught and you got big bass for the day as well!!

Great Job Shane, keep up the good work.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

Now if you want to play with the big boys, hook that boat up and come down to Evert’s for the Saugerama on the 20th. It will be a good time and we can tip a few when it’s over. Congrats again man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well if you really want me to come down there and show you how to catch them walleyes, I suppose I might be able to talk momma into letting me go for the day. is the clan going to come down or just you and the boy.

shane

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Shane,
    Great job with your tourney, NICE fish….
    Hey, I know that stump field…..
    Congrats..
    Jack..

bassrap

Sometimes it’s just all about drawing the right partner with the right connetions.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well I ended up with him due to the fact that his other partner backed out of the tourney and I was going to be fishing by myself in my boat. so I saved myself some gas money and hte wear and tear on my boat and fished out of his. not only fished out of his, but also out fished him in size and numbers of fish caught. I boated 21 fish to his 10, and to do that out of the back of his boat is another thing. he was being stubborn though, he wouldn’t change up and tie one of them lures on in that color, he went to his confidence bait and only boated a few more fish after that.

shane

bassrap

Agreed. I wasn’t trying to take anything away from you, I was just responding to the comment that you were struggling a couple of days before that. I’ve fished out the back (and the front) of that boat many times and have never faired that well.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well again, thanks!!!! took me a few times of re-reading to get it. I hadn’t been out on the lake for 2 weeks instead of 2 days, my partner was out there and got into some smaller fish, nothing of any size, heading back out there this sunday, I will look for you out there.

shane

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.