Bass in THICK weeds

• kruger
    Metro,mn

Just wondering how to fish bass in thick weeds. I have been fishing this lake in the metro that has BIG bass in it but I can’t seem to find them in the weeds. What should I do. Kruger

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

One ounce All Terrain Grass jig!

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

weedless style banjo minnow work or a skipping frog right over the tops of the weed beds…

Chunk
    New Hampton, Iowa

I would have to agree, skipping a moss frog or mouse across the top has worked wonders for me

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Let’s go out and experiment ! I’ve got a flippin rod that needs some time on the water ! Bald Eagle near me has some significant milfoil that needs exploration !

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

If the water is 8′ or less I would pull something like a frog over the top. If it is deeper I would flip a bulky texas rigged plastic or an Outkast Rt or Pro Staff jig. That’s What I don in heavy ‘foil on all the mtero lakes.

bassfishincor
    Lax

look for pockets or holes with less weeds and throw a baby 1 minus above it. make a little wake that is working for me really good right now.
    thanks to cade who showed me that technique

kruger
    Metro,mn

I think I will try the frogs or the tex rig. Thanks for the advice. Kruger

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Quote:

look for pockets or holes with less weeds and throw a baby 1 minus above it. make a little wake that is working for me really good right now.
    thanks to cade who showed me that technique

Manns minus – no, those are terrible, never try that, it never works, worst crankbait around..don’t buy those

Ok, I lied I’ve had great luck with this shallow running crankbait on exactly that same pattern ! For the record, I cleared out Gander Mountain in Forest Lake of all the best colors when they we’re clearanced.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Forget the 1-

I throw big ugly.

(Tim I hope you read this )

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Forget the 1-

I throw big ugly.

(Tim I hope you read this )

Interesting, I think I have the name “Big Ugly” trademarked.

Don’t think of using “Stinky Beaver”.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I have to agree with Mossboss. Big Ugly has been his for a bit. BUT stinky beaver I have heard of for many years.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

There aren’t any bass in thick weeds?

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Kruger,
    I think your best shot at this lake, would be to PM me the name of the lake.
    I can then check it out and report back to you Exactly what works, and what gets the Hogs into the boat.

I’d be happy to check it out, you know, to help you out..
    Jack..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.