Campground on a good bass lake?

• fish nekid
    Minneapolis, MN

I’m looking for a campground on or near a good LM bass lake within a couple of hours of the Cities. I want to take my brother out for the weekend and would prefer to stay in a tent rather than a motel. Does anybody know of a lake that fits this description? Heck, I would pay a case of if you let me camp in your yard…

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Heck, I would pay a case of if you let me camp in your yard…

Come on over, The neighbors have a swimming pool that is green and there are ducks living in it, does that count as a bass lake?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

what’s a lake? Goose Island, Pool 8, La Crosse.

Chunk
    New Hampton, Iowa

I would have to recomend Lake Hendricks in Northeast Iowa. It is a very popular campground and has an excellant population of 12-18 inch largemouth. They are really biting right now and the males are up in the shallows protecting the beds. The lake has alot of structure and a very health population of bass, bluegill and crappies. If you would like more info send me a pm!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I really like the campground on the north end of Carlos on the Le Homme Dieu chain in Alex. It is top notch, camping right on the lake, sand beach and good access.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Marble Beach Campground on Spirit Lake, Iowa. Or, Emerson Beach on West Okoboji, Iowa. The bass are smackin’, both small and large mouth. The camping is excellent. It will be really busy on West after 11am though.

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Fish Lake Campground south of Prior Lake is on Fish Lake. It’s a small lake, but it has a good population of large mouth bass. There is a public landing, plus the campground has it’s own landing as well.

fish nekid
    Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for all the ideas. I’ll check into these spots, Lake Carlos sounds sweet. The only time I’ve been to Okoboji is around the 4th of july, and i never get much fishing in then… I’ll have to get down there some other time. Thanks guys!

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

c’mon down to the Winona area and fish Lake WInona or the Mississloppy….plenty of bass to go around

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

ANother area of thought if you are interested in fishin gthe upper Mississippi River north of St. Cloud, Mn.
    Two Rivers campground is a very nice facility that has water and electric hookups on nearly all there campsites and they have campsites that are about 30 feet from the water with plush grass right down to waters edge. Lots of smallies to contend with.
    Here is their website.

Two Rivers Campground

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.