the opener!!!!

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

where is everyone heading for the real opener of MN??? I am probably going to head to tonka and spend a good morning down there milking my honey holes to see if they can produce some pigs for me. anyway, can’t wait to start twitching the frogs.

shane

gregh
    s.e. minn

I thought the “opener” was last weekend…………………thats right , that was for those rough fish with the marble eyes!!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

no, last weekend was for the amatures!! now the professionals get to have our opener! wish everyone tight lines this next weekend.

shane

coppertop
    Central MN

Tracking, I’m hoping the smallies will cooperate on the upper upper miss.

et1770
    Shakopee, MN

Have to go to Perham for a graduation. What a dam shame that my sister happens to live right on one of the best bass lakes in the area. Guess I’m going to have to force myself to take my boat with and spend some time on the water.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I may need to chase a few smallies on Tonka. They should still be around there beds!!!!!!!!!!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Hope to hit Tonka one day . Got to practice for the Classic!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

I am with coppertop on this one as well. THe upper miss is going to get my full attention from here on out for the season. And if last weekends sightings of smallies were any indications for what is in store for me this weekend. This guy is going to be a happy fella!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

DeMontreville Saturday morning, then the Upper Miss on Sunday. Monday, maybe back to DeMontreville or the river. I’ve been out on the lawn here at work practicing with the fly rod for the last month. Wooo-hoooo! Bass Opener!!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

Hope to hit Tonka one day . Got to practice for the Classic!

what day are you thinking on heading out mike?? I will be out there on sunday morning for awhile. I will be launching out of north arm as usual.

shane

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Either sun or mon. Its the customers choice.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hope they make it sunday, that way I can follow your boat around and find all of your hidden spots. well if you see me and my tracker, give us a wave.

shane

crinkle cut

Anyone fish bass up in the Park Rapids/Walker area?? It always seems like you can’t find any fish over 12″ until the cabbage just starts to creep up at the edge of the lillies, but after that, there’s some real dandy lakes up here with no fishing pressure at all. Not to mention a few bald eagles and ospreys soaring overhead. People don’t know what they’re missing!!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

my father has a farm just out of town on 34, 1 mile away from Osage, I fish up there alot. you should be able to find some bigger fish early in the season, just gotta get em what they want to eat, thats all. I found top waters work really well early, then use a finesse worm or even a jig swimming or popping.

shane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.