West metro bass report

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I got out on Saturday for a couple hours prior to being chased off the lake, so this report will be quick.

We found fish on the inside and outside weed edge. We for a couple fish on swimjigs in about 5 feet. We did not get anything on Senkos but saw a handful of other boats getting some, but with minimal size.

We ended up heading to a deeper weed edge in 12 feet and found a couple if reel nice fish. We got some on cranks and the others where on Texas rigged worms. One of the bass had about a 5 in bass in it’s throat.

The big bass for us was a 19 that hammered a worm.

We saw some other anglers getting some nice fish on a steep break too on Senkos.

It would have been nice to stay out longer as the dish where hammering the bait and the size was impressive.

Water temps where in the 68 range and the big bass we caught looked to have spawned out.

Dank

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Here are a couple of fish of my bro’s fish. Big fish added…not sure how i missed this.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Nice fish Dan – what colors were working well for you just before the storm? Maybe it was one of those days where it didn’t matter. I like those days!

Joel

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

We got the big fish on tequila sunrise power worms, black blue swim jigs and on the cranks sunfish and craw. both the cranks where DT-8.

It would have been fun to have stay out there and get some more. but, it makes you appreciate the time you are out there even more.

kroc0005

It did seem like we had to cover water though to get our bites and help tell us where fish were in the spawn cycle. With that being said, we felt that if we had hunkered down a little bit more and threw senkos, we could have found more too.

Our opinion, based on the different depths we found them at, is they were in post spawn mood… at least the bigger ones which were in the 12-14′ range…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.