lake wissota help

• riverrat63

Im going up to wissota to bass fish on thur, i fishet out there one other time it was so tuf i threw every piece of bass tackle i owned, im just looking for a good place to start and what to throw, thank you

amundsonjon
    wi

Oniel Creek area rip rap allways catch something
    fish where it meets lake and up streem 3/4 mile

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

I have never fished that body of water but I would assume it’s just like any other body this time of year. Being that it’s in a flowage with water running through it look for clear water, the bass should be up shallow in prespawn/spawning mode. I would throw swim jigs and traps all day long and cover lots of water. When you find a good area of them slow down and toss a senko. That’s what I’d do! Stay away from current.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I have fished A LOT of bodies of water all around the country. Wissota is hands down the biggest crap hole I have ever been on. It even beats some of the overfished lakes in Georgia and Alabama. Absolutely terrible!! If anyone names a worse lake I will mail them a $20bill.

b-mac
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

I have fished A LOT of bodies of water all around the country. Wissota is hands down the biggest crap hole I have ever been on. It even beats some of the overfished lakes in Georgia and Alabama. Absolutely terrible!! If anyone names a worse lake I will mail them a $20bill.

Little Wissota…

I’ll PM you my address to mail the 20 bucks

riverrat63

You can send me the 20$ haha, me and my buddy crushed the smallys on thur we were fishing the main lake just south of the yellow we were skipping 3 1/2 black neon tubs under docks our biggest was a 4 1/2 pounder fun day 40+ fish

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I’ll send you a steaming pile of bull$hit!

To underscore that point, VanDam said: “I caught just one keeper today and none yesterday, and I’m no idiot. There’s just no habitat here.”

http://www.texasbassfishing.com/press-news-archived-detail.asp?AutoID=630

without a doubt the worst bass lake of all time. Seriously. I would honestly like to see someone name a worse lake.

riverrat63

Haha no bulls**t, i swear, i will post our tournament result when we get them on the web sight, i was using a 1/4 ounce tube jig with a 3 1/2 inch black neon tube, i will bring u a to the spot

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

Haha no bulls**t, i swear, i will post our tournament result when we get them on the web sight, i was using a 1/4 ounce tube jig with a 3 1/2 inch black neon tube, i will bring u a to the spot

I beleive ya. Don’t even need to see pictures. I’ve witnessed it too. Tough to keep a consistent bite going there though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.