Berkley Split Belly Swimbaits

• bassin101
    Ohio

Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to get some reviews on the Berkley Split Belly Swimbait. I bought a pack and only made a few casts but there doesn’t seem to be any action to the tail. Has anyone had any luck with these?
    Thanks

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The measure of a good swimbait is how much the tail hangs to the side when you’re holding onto it by the nose. To more it hangs over, the better the action. Unfortunately, those baits are rather stiff thus the lack of action(I have a few packages of those baits). They might serve well for a more aggressive speed, but I haven’t had much time to play with them myself so I can’t honestly say for sure.

Good luck fishing with them. I hope you find a niche for them this season. If I find one, I’ll be sure to pass it along.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I call those things, jerkbaits.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Heat the thin section before the tail up a bit with a lighter and strech it out a bit not to much but just a bit will give you better action.

iowaeye

Ive only had luck with those burning them next to weedlines giving it a sharp pause every so often. The tail really thumps when reeling them fast but the action isnt great when used slow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.