Son of a ….

• jake47
    WI

That moment when you check a trail cam after a week long set during the rut, only to realize that you forgot to turn it on!!!

deertracker

jester I’m laughing with you. Been there only my hunting land was 4 hours away from me and I had it out the month prior to the bow season. I was all excited to see pics but nope!
    DT

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Oh yeah, I can’t count the times I have done that on both hands doah

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Ouch!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

That’s better than finding your camera is GONE

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yep. Been there, done that, and will most likely do it at least once a year.

With all the things you’re fiddling around with when setting out and checking trail cams, it sooooo easy to forget that last little step. In fact, I’ve ended up driving back to cams because I just could NOT remember actually flipping the switch. Did I or didn’t I?

Technology’s great. If we can just remember to put the switch on the “on” position.

Grouse

Jeff Schomaker

I just did that a few weeks ago. The worst part was the card I taken out had all my target bucks on it and I was pumped to hopefully get a pattern on them. Then go back two weeks later just as the pre-rut was kicking in and nothing. I haven’t been that mad in a long time.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Similar to my experience Sunday morning. Got into the stand in the dark. Loaded the gun and sat. Unloaded the gun to get out of the stand around noon only to find I never chambered a round. blush blush

jake47
    WI

That’s better than finding your camera is GONE

Most definitely! I would be even more pi&*ed since I can see this camera from my living room!

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

That sucks, I put a camera up in a wild Apple tree a few years back and didn’t think to change the settings from what I had them at foe on a trail in the woods (3 shot burst and 5 sec. delay). Was early August so didn’t come back for a month. Memory card was filled in 4 days from deer hanging out under the Apple tree for 30, 45, 60 minutes at a crack and the camera just snapping away every 5 seconds.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.