Some good news

• Umy
    South Metro

Seems there are a lot of posts related to products and service.
    In my opinion the last few years customer service HAS taken a hit and I meet more and more “warm bodies” that are working in stores than qualified, knowledgeable folks.
    That’s another story however.
    3 shoutouts to companies since Christmas.
    1. I posted my experience with my new Mastercraft smoker – broken charcoal/wood pan after first use. Received a brand new one about 4 weeks later.
    2. Dewalt – light that came with the 3 pack of tools and battery broke after 2.5 years. Sent an inquiry on their online page, not under warranty anymore but sent me a new one to replace it with the understanding it would not have any warranty. No problem for me. It arrives – does not work out of the box, hit the reply to their email, just got another new one to replace the broken “:new” one they sent two weeks before. Excellent!
    3. My 2 year old Henry Big Boy 44 magnum rifle. Less than 500 rounds through it.
    The extractor broke and I have to pull out each spent casing individually. Called the company, had a pre paid shipping label in hand 5 minutes later to send it in for free warranty work and a “checkup” ( their words)

I LOVE companies that stand behind their product!

Umy
    South Metro

Posting sucks on this site.
    I love the site but it should not be hard.
    Two “timed outs” wait a few minutes, nothing shows , re-enter again and now there are two……
    Have tried all the fix around mentioned along the way, some work, some do.
    I enjoy reading everyone else’s posts though – thank you

Jimmy Jones

Posting sucks on this site.
    I love the site but it should not be hard.
    Two “timed outs” wait a few minutes, nothing shows , re-enter again and now there are two……
    Have tried all the fix around mentioned along the way, some work, some do.
    I enjoy reading everyone else’s posts though – thank you

This is a given now that the fishing shows went away.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

This is a given now that the fishing shows went away.

It was this way before that happened. Haven’t noticed it getting any worse. Thanks for taking the time to post a positive review Umy.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Awesome! It seems it’s tough to find good quality customer service these days, especially at a time when they really just don’t make things like they used to and things break more easily.

In regards to IDO though, website kinks and glitches happen all the time on nearly any website. It’s best to just chalk it up to error and laugh it off. We all know it happens, so we shouldn’t be surprised when we see duplicate or multiple duplicate threads. waytogo

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I just give up on using the quote function. That’s a coin toss whether or not it will work here.

Glad to hear of some customer service success stories! Often only the negative stuff is mentioned.

Bass-n-Eyes
    Maplewood & Crane Lake, MN

Bought a Smith & Wesson M&P pistol with a Crimson Trace dot sight installed at the factory. Dot suddenly lost zero and wouldn’t adjust when turning the screws. Filled out the online Crimson Trace contact form with my issue and a brand new sight showed up 2 weeks later, no requirement to send back the old one or anything.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Bought a Klein multimeter. One of the CAT III / CAT IV shields kept falling off. Called in to their customer service and they sent me a new one. Not shields but a new multimeter!! yay

blackbay
    mn

I bought a can of Canoe rice recently that had a whitish film on top of the rice when it was opened. I called the phone number on the can and apparently they had a batch that was over cooked. I was thinking they may send me a voucher for a new can, but the next day I had a case of 12 delivered.

Umy
    South Metro

Glad to hear I am not alone!
    Thanks for sharing. Hope springs anew wave

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.