So it comes to this.

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I get slugged in the face for a smart ass comment I made.
    Waiting in line to pay for my fuel the guy a head of me is bragging how he bought out the grain belt from up the road while taking his time purchasing scratchoffs and lottery. Could careless about the beer but the scratch offs and lottery set me off. I asked if he had enough tp to go with that. Yonkers, I’m on the ground. Dude, didn’t get far to the thanks of others.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Pics or it didn’t happen…….
    JK. Sorry to hear. All this crap has some folks a lil to edgy.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Edgy, true character came out by this guy. Well, he wont be seeing his truck or beer for some time as it was towed after he was hauled off in a sheriff’s vehicle.
    Well, I was given guidance by the officer about the after affects of this. I think I may have to fallow up on that.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t even get how someone can get butt hurt over that comment. Was he pissed because he had no TP?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I am curious to know how much time he was actually wasting and holding everyone up. Regardless, physical assault is not justified.

Though, I admit I’ve had many days I restrained myself from doing the same. I seem to run into a lot of impatient smart asses at gas stations that think they are more privileged than other. I often need to run two purchases to keep personal sale and business receipts separate. Most days there is that that one asshole that just has to spew crap out of their mouth because 1 more minute in line is going to alter their life

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I am curious to know how much time he was actually wasting and holding everyone up. Regardless, physical assault is not justified.

Though, I admit I’ve had many days I restrained myself from doing the same. I seem to run into a lot of impatient smart asses at gas stations that think they are more privileged than other. I often need to run two purchases to keep personal sale and business receipts separate. Most days there is that that one asshole that just has to spew crap out of their mouth because 1 more minute in line is going to alter their life

Thats the thing about time……..his 1 minute is the same 1 minute more you could spend sorting expenses.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Wow, that sucks, people are stressed out over this and not everyone can deal with it very good.

Coletrain27

Maybe don’t mouth off next time and just bite your tongue and keep your mouth shut. (Yes I know it’s very hard for some people) Your lucky he didn’t pull a gun on you if he went as far as he did.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I’m not saying he was right to assault you but. Try not making smart comments to strangers and I bet you’ll avoid future fist catches.

Ice Cap

Did you learn anything?

Deuces

Card at the pump, problem solved.

Hope you’re alright man.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

Thats the thing about time……..his 1 minute is the same 1 minute more you could spend sorting expenses.

So what is the most ethical way to run two transactions? A. Just run the two transactions back to back as I’ve done for years? B ask everyone in line behind me if they get butthurt if I run two transactions? C. Have who ever is with me to run the second transaction? D run one and go to the end of the line and wait to run the second? Or E, walk out without paying lol

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

So what is the most ethical way to run two transactions? A. Just run the two transactions back to back as I’ve done for years? B ask everyone in line behind me if they get butthurt if I run two transactions? C. Have who ever is with me to run the second transaction? D run one and go to the end of the line and wait to run the second? Or E, walk out without paying lol

Naw man, just run the two transactions as you always have. Some will bitch, it’s what some do.
    I WILL admit to a certain amount of impatience standing in line waiting on some self-centered asshat to scratch off his dailies while holding up a line though…and yeah, I’ve said something about it to them. To date, I haven’t been punched for it though. Thank God I haven’t been socked for all the times I HAVE deserved it. -)

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Unless you’re buying lotto tickets as a birthday gift for someone because you didn’t think enough in advance to get something real,, you’re a loser.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

2 quotes I live by that are related to time in the line:

My time isn’t more important than yours, yours isn’t more important than mine.

If you’re not 10 minutes early you’re late.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

People scratching loto tickets at a counter while I’m behind them is my pet peeve. Makes me very mad , but I’ve never complained I just bite my tongue waiting to get the hell out of there. In this day and age I don’t know what his mentality is and what he’s been through today, maybe he just got in fight with his wife or something, who knows if he’s ready to snap or not. I don’t have the time to deal with what comes next after I call him a jerk for holding us up .

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Maybe in the old days you could smack someone for insulting you but not anymore. You have to be very careful with strangers. Its best to exercise zero risk unless you or your own are in danger.
    Glad he was arrested.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Any king of lottery tickets and tobacco products should be sold in a tiny un-heated hut out in a field with a mud road.

Musky Ed

Had a good lifes lesson on patience a few years back. My mom’s dementia was getting progressively worse, and while we had already moved her into an assisted care facility, we used to pick her up to get her out often, as she really enjoyed it. Before her dementia got real bad, she still wanted to do her own checkout when buying things. We got alot of grumpy looks at times, as the process of checking out didn’t always go the smoothest, and usually took longer than it should. I felt bad for the people behind us in line, but it was what it was, and honestly, most all the checkout people were very understanding and helpful. I say this because I was one of the ones who used to roll my eyes, and get upset at some seniors who struggled at the checkout. My mom has passed now, because of this horrible disease, and I have grown to realize that life is too short to worry about the small stuff, and I now just smile when behind somebody else who is struggling to accomplish what we all take for granted. Looking back, I really miss those times.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

My gas station pet peeve is the folks that leave there car at the pump and decide to go shop and take a 15 minute dump.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

My gas station pet peeve is the folks that leave there car at the pump and decide to go shop and take a 15 minute dump.

here here……….. gawd that frosts my asz!!!!! so far i’ve bit my tongue. whistling whistling

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

realize that life is too short to worry about the small stuff,

Yes!

If your about to get upset. Ask yourself if it will matter in 5 years.

Now. Reflect back 5 years and try to remember the things that held you back a few minutes, or even a few hours… do they matter to you today?

Many are ignorant of how their actions impact others. That’s just part of growing up.

I get a kick outta how butthurt some get over a boat wake, or other fishing or boat landing situations that really get them worked up. .. you won’t give a hoot about that lost time, that boat rocking, etc… in a week or two, let alone in 5 years.

Don’t sweat the small stuff!

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Another reason for social distancing?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

At a station in Woodbury people routinely park at the pumps JUST to shop.
    I brought it up to the cashier and he just rolled his eyes.

jwellsy

There’s already been 3 police calls to my local Sam’s Club for fist fights. One was over hamburger. Some A-hat wiped out the hamburger section and had a cart full, the other guy asked him if he could have one 3# pack, he had 3 kids at home and he needs to bring some home. The A-hat said F-You I got here first. So the guy punched the A-hat in the nose.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

The killer for me is when the cashier whether it’s a gas station, grocery store or what have you. Sits and chats with the person in line AFTER they have paid. I get that you’re buddies but come on.

Like Musky, I had to help my grandparents as they got older with shopping and what not. I really learned to not sweat the small stuff with them. Hell just putting around the store took what seemed like forever, but I started to understand that eventually I’ll probably be that person.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>SuperDave1959 wrote:</div>

here here……….. gawd that frosts my asz!!!!! so far i’ve bit my tongue. whistling whistling

A few years back I stopped at a gas station in Jamestown, ND on a busy Sunday afternoon. After 4 days of using an outhouse I was pretty jacked to sit on a porcelain throne so I had my buddies put gas in my truck while I went inside to take a dump… told them I’d pay for it inside. So they filled the truck up and then parked at the edge of the lot since we had a boat in tow.

15 minutes later I come up to the register to pay and the cashier is talking to a police officer…
    COP: “Did you get a description of the vehicle?”
    Cashier: “It was an old maroon Chevy truck with a topper and pulling a boat.”
    ME (jumping into the convo): “Oh you mean that one parked right there? Yeah that’s mine and we’ve been here the whole time. Here’s my card.”
    Cashier: “oh. you shouldn’t move it before paying.”
    Me: “SERIOUSLY?!?!?!”

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.