Snowmobile Summerization

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I store everything with stabilized old gas and then when it comes out of storage I syphon it dry as possible and refill with fresh. I’ll dump the old gas in my truck.

Such a convenient way to get rid of old gas. I’ll even feed mixed gas into my auto a little at a time. I wish used oil was that easy to get rid of.

Nodakk

I love this subject everyone has their way of doing it and they’ve never had an issue for XX years. Except for whoever starts the post and they’ve tried everyone else’s way and had issues every year jester

Exactly! I’ve even asked 3 different Cat dealers who all gave me different advice..

Looks like I’ll add some seafoam and call it a day. I do try and start the sled every other month throughout the offseason too

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>
    I store everything with stabilized old gas and then when it comes out of storage I syphon it dry as possible and refill with fresh. I’ll dump the old gas in my truck.

Such a convenient way to get rid of old gas. I’ll even feed mixed gas into my auto a little at a time. I wish used oil was that easy to get rid of.

I do this as well.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

I use startron and the old gas goes into the truck also

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

There is nothing wrong with running the carbs dry. The carb in question does not have any seals in it unless you are the tip of the seat a seal.

MX1825

I never run tanks dry. Usually at least half full. I store my boat with a full tank and 2 bottles of seafoam. Stabil doesnt last as long as Seafoam so I prefer to use that. Plus its a petroleum product so it really helps and you really cannot use too much of it.

I disagree. I’ve seen different engines that have too much additive in the fuel. Sometimes the results are not pretty.

billy03z71

Always had good luck using non oxy and some sea foam. Good practice to start the sled up every month or two and allow the track to spin a bit. If there’s any moisture in your jackshaft or driveshaft bearings and they sit for 8 months or so it definitely will give you problems!

CaptainMusky

I disagree. I’ve seen different engines that have too much additive in the fuel. Sometimes the results are not pretty.

Dont disagree with some additives, but I use seafoam ALL the time in everything and never once had a problem and yes, I do use more than you are probably supposed to in most cases. Do as you wish however.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Anything gas operated that I own and gets stored for more than a month gets nothing put 91 non oxy fuel, stabil or seafoam and i just park it. when It comes time to use it again I drain the gas, mainly to get the water out from condensation and fill up with fresh. The stabil or seafoam I feel keeps the fuel from getting gummed up in the carbs and the carbs stay “wet”.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.