Snow on the roof

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

As a younger guy we used to use our roof as a snow board ramp. What a blast those days were. Now I’d feel it for a week or better

We had a very long machine shed at a farm we rented. It was probably about a 60-70 foot run down a 2 or 3/12 pitch, with a 9 foot drop. Always plenty of snow at the bottom for soft landings.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Well I started seeing the beginnings of some ice dams on my roof, so today after work, after cleaning out the driveway, sidewalk, etc, I got the ladder and snow rake out. Of course it comes off the roof and lands in the worst possible places so after all that I get to shovel it all again. 3 solid hours of snow removal. This boy is tired.

S.R.

Dave in Walker
    just off of Leech

And when it comes off the roof and lands in a driveway or sidewalk, It is like a pile of concrete to remove, I remember well

John Timm

And when it comes off the roof and lands in a driveway or sidewalk, It is like a pile of concrete to remove, I remember well.

And that’s when the ATV with plow comes in handy!

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Neighbor died from falling off his two story house…on Christmas day.

Id use a snow rake to clear the edges if you have issues with leaks or ice damns…otherwise I’d leave it.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.