Snow on Mille Lacs???

• Dogfish

I was going to head to mille lacs this weekend but was wondering if there is enough snow on the lake to prevent my snowmobile track/slides from overheating?

Thanks!

TH

I live 15-20 miles north and we don’t have any snow.

Alex Fox

Pay attention to where you are heading out of. Lybacks just increased their weight limit to 5000 lbs curb weight, while Red Door and Barnacles are closed for the year. They were reporting 1 inch of ice in certain areas due to cracking. As far as snow, you won’t find much, if any.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Minimal snow on the lake.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1707.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

20 to 30 mph winds has me changing my plans from Mille lacs to else where.

Dogfish

That’s some good advice Alex, thanks for calling that out. 20mph winds are pretty blustery on that pond. I’ll definitely take that into consideration if I decide to give it a shot. I appreciate the snow reports!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Pay attention to where you are heading out of. Lybacks just increased their weight limit to 5000 lbs curb weight, while Red Door and Barnacles are closed for the year. They were reporting 1 inch of ice in certain areas due to cracking. As far as snow, you won’t find much, if any.

They are closed to public and open to there own customers.
    We were going to go out of barnacles tomorrow but the wind has me switching gears

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.