SnoBear South Dakota Jumbo Perch – In Depth Outdoors TV S17 E6

• Kyle
    Keymaster
    Woodbury

IDO TV Season 17 Episode 6 is NOW LIVE!

What better way to spend Christmas morning than with a new episode of IDO TV!? In-Depth Outdoors Host James Holst and Marcus Quam of Reel Therapy Guide Service chase down schools of perch in a SnoBear. It was -10 degrees in South Dakota that morning so we were happy to not be hole-hopping!

Watch the episode!

icex

Great episode! Got my juices flowing as a group of us go to Devils Lake every year right after New Years. This will be my eighth consecutive trip and fourth using Sno Bears. As we say out in Devils Lake regardless how nasty the weather gets the Sno Bear don’t care!

Gerty

@jamesholst – how was the lake travel out there. Heading towards Webster this coming weekend and wondering what it takes to move around on the lakes? Snowmobile or SxS work or is a guy walking if he doesn’t have the Snobear?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

@jamesholst – how was the lake travel out there. Heading towards Webster this coming weekend and wondering what it takes to move around on the lakes? Snowmobile or SxS work or is a guy walking if he doesn’t have the Snobear?

When we filmed this show last Monday there was lots of open water patches on lakes of all sizes and an angler went through on Bitter and passed away that same day. The day after we filmed an ATV went through on the lake we fished. We had 10″ of ice on the portion of the lake we fished. I would assume the extreme cold has helped conditions quite a bit but I would count on a lot of ice thickness variability yet. Stay on the main travel corridors and if / when you venture off those paths make sure you proceed with caution. I would also recommend you call Dakota Lakes for an updated ice report as I’m sure much has changed with the extreme cold over the last 4-5 days. (605) 345-5253

Gerty

Thanks James!

Eric G
    Eagle River,WI

I really loved the sticker above the windshield! great looking perch…was a good episode thanks guys

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I really loved the sticker above the windshield! great looking perch…was a good episode thanks guys

X2. Got a good laugh. What an awesome fishing rig.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

This particular lake now has about 250-300 people on it

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This particular lake now has about 250-300 people on it

That certainly doesn’t surprise me. That particular lake had 13 sno bears on it the day we fished with most of them being run by guides. It definitely was no secret.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.