Smartstrike, is it worth it who has used it

• Whateverbites

Looking for any real world experience feedback on this. I know it is limited to the lakes you can use it on, but curious how good it is.

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

I have used it on my Onix unit and it is a pretty neat feature. It shows some of the obvious structure, but also spots you may not have thought of. One issue I have is with switching the data information. If I get out in the morning and its cloudy I plug that information in. When I want to update that information to say afternoon and sunny with wind, the spots stay the same on the map. I have to turn the unit off and back on again for it to update that info. I am hoping Humminbird fixed that issue in their latest upgrade that came out a month or so ago for my unit. Just another tool in the toolbox and can help if your not on the fish.

trouter18

Nathan, an alternative to powering the unit off is to just switch lakes on the smartstrike chip and then go back to the lake you want. To the original poster’s question, I haven’t spent a lot of time using smartstrike yet, but have noticed that it usually highlights many of the areas that I know are productive.

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

I’ll give that a shot and see if that works out. Thanks for the input.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.