Small Mini Jet Boat for St. Croix?

• golfandboats

I’ve been building the 10ft Headwater Kit from Jetstream boats over the last year. The boat has a 100HP engine and has been welded to perfection. I plan to make some small modifications to the transom and swim deck to allow the pump and intake to sit further back in the boat, therefore the overall length is closer to 12ft if you count the swim deck and a transom extension box thing for the intake.

The pictures are not of my boat, just inspiration.

I’m feeling hesitant to take it out on the St. Croix River because of how small it is. I’ve boated on the St.Croix for a quite a few years in various boats. Just wonder if this would be safe?

Thanks

Attachments:
    1. intakeextension.jpg

2. jetstream4seatv2.jpg

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Go out on the Croix and learn how the boat handles when it’s not crazy busy. That things should be a blast. Good luck!

dbright
    Cambridge

You built a skinny water boat. Head upriver and use it for what it is designed for.

Ripjiggen

My question would be why did you build it to not feel safe where you want to use it.
    Looks sweet let her rip.

LabDaddy1

Go out on the Croix and learn how the boat handles when it’s not crazy busy. That things should be a blast. Good luck!

Yep- good time to get it out there and test it. Water temps aren’t too low yet and rec traffic minimal. As said above, let r rip.

Also, WEAR A PFD AND KILL CORD

What area of st croix? Lower end is extremely deep and pretty wide. That boat seems more fitting for the upper stretches.

catnip
    south metro

If you want a test pilot I will volunteer! It should be a sweet little ride?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.