Small Landing net.

• Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

My latest project. I dearly love spring time pan fishing with a light fly rod. I also HATE having a nice Crappie fall off the hook as I’m attempting to swing him over the gunwale. I took an old trout net I had stashed away, and found a piece of pine 1X2 in the garage. I cut the end of the handle on the net off square and joined it to the piece of pine. (two pins made from nails and a prodigious amount of epoxy). Sanding, staining, and varnishing made it look nice. I wrapped a grip on the top with cord, and it’s ready to go. Now all we need is warmer weather.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4902-scaled.jpg

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Good job sir looks good.

MX1825

SR that looks way to good to get all fish slimy. Very nice. waytogo

Deuces

Perfect net. I struggled to find a panfish net I liked just recently at the store, wish I would’ve seen this before I bought the new one. I use my trout net frequently for shore fishing suckers, hate when they get all beat up on the rocks if I’m fishing rip rap, would’ve worked great for this application as well.

HelI I still might do it.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Nice modification Steve. It looks like the perfect length to use out of the boat.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I really like this. I always wanted a net for crappies but couldn’t ever find one. Modifying a trout net is a great idea. And it looks very nice as well.

Sharon
    SE Metro

That looks great, Dad!! waytogo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.