Small boats. Let's see em!

• Justin Karriker

Just sold my 16′ Jon back in NC and looking for something up here in MN to replace it with. Budget looking like 14-16′ with a 20-40hp. Gotta love ex wives and what they do to your financial (toy) funding D

How many of you guys fish these small Lund/Alumacraft etc. We see the big new lunds and such all the time. How about it small boaters? Let’s see them and how you have them set up. Will definitely visit tinboats for ideas after I pull the trigger on a “new” one.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

I’ve modified two small 16 foots now. Here was the latest project:

This is how I bought it:

Here is what she turned into:

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

I left an open floor plan – love it – if we need chairs we just bring fold ups:

FryDog62

I went glass a couple years ago with a 16 foot tiller. Re-powered and new electronics… good to go ~

Attachments:
    1. Yar-overhead.jpg

2. Yar-at-dock-IMG_2993.jpg

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

Nice job. What did you use for your up front floodlights? I’m tired of using a hand held light while making long runs on pool 2. Thanks, Michael

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’m using a 14.5″ LED light bar from superbright led’s on my bow.

I don’t have any good boat pics but here’s one through the windshield and you can see the spotlight, then one facing the rear, and another pic one rainy night on a weekend st. croix sturgeon trip (Boat loaded with gear).

Attachments:
    1. IMG958988.jpg

2. CameraZOOM-20150425112611823.jpg

3. CameraZOOM-20140920014928837.jpg

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

You don’t by any chance have like a durable solution for keeping wind from coming through the bottom of the’walk-thru’ between your windshields do you Andy?

I was thinking like maybe a clear plastic material that could be hinged onto there? Something that can stand up to a full weekend of fishing without getting broken?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You don’t by any chance have like a durable solution for keeping wind from coming through the bottom of the’walk-thru’ between your windshields do you Andy?

I was thinking like maybe a clear plastic material that could be hinged onto there? Something that can stand up to a full weekend of fishing without getting broken?

LOL Logan.
    Well,
    Aside from the “Prototype” that got broken 2 minutes into our Rainy trip this year, i replaced it and it is still going strong. I can only speculate how many times it has been opened/closed since…But you have an idea how much i fish D
    Just made sure i didn’t crack it while installing it this time!!!

Justin Karriker

Great looking boats! If anyone sees a decent deal within a couple hours of the metro, let me know. Been cruising Craigslist. Will be next week before I can do anything, but still like to window shop.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

763-226-3801. I might be selling mine here. Shoot me your email and I’ll send off some pics of my boat if your interested.

Justin Karriker

Sent you a text with my number (obviously haha) and email.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>
    I might be selling mine here

The Tuffy’s pretty nice looking!

Shhhhh whistling

Might get some type of leverage on me. doah A lot of boats out there right now, have a couple other people who keep asking me to sell so might be good time to upgrade.

Agreed though, the Tuffy does look real nice.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Here’s my 14 foot attack craft. Small lakes are no match for its stealth and technology.

Attachments:
    1. P1010045.jpg

Jonesy

Not sure if you would consider my boat a small boat but it is 16.5′ long and definitely smaller than what it seems like most people are running these days.

Attachments:
    1. 1996_Alumacraft_Dominator.jpg

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

My mom made one out of canvas with some snaps and then they installed the male ends of the snaps on both sides of the consoles and that worked pretty well. I got lucky and the lund I bought the owner still had the same type of canvas screen that came with the boat.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.