Small Boat Trailer Tires

• jake47
    WI

I have some older 4.80-12 Carlisle tires on the boat that are in need of replacing. Feel like that brand is pretty crappy rubber. Any recommendations for that small of tire? Was looking at these as a possible replacement.

Loadstar Tires

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Not sure about boat trailer tires, but last year I was looking to replace a tire on my snowmobile trailer.

It was quicker and more available to get the tire AND rim. They told me it be a while to just get a tire. And wasn’t that much more money???

jake47
    WI

Not sure about boat trailer tires, but last year I was looking to replace a tire on my snowmobile trailer.

It was quicker and more available to get the tire AND rim. They told me it be a while to just get a tire. And wasn’t that much more money???

Yes, planning on new rims as well. The link is for rims and tire combos.

matt

Seemed like I used to go thru those carlisle and other bias ply tires at the rate of one set per season.Found a radial in the 4.80-12 size and they lasted me 3 full seasons and a couple months into the next.Taskmaster Radial,got the last set from e-trailer.Kinda spendy for a small tire but they last way longer than any of the cheaper bias ply junk tires I used to end up with so the value is there.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

I put Loadmaster on my double snomo trailer 4-5 years ago. They had more plys and a high load rating than the (junky – you’re right) Carlise. Very happy with them and I am hard to please – or so I’ve been told.

dennis smith

check with discount tire. bought my boat trailer tires there and had a great warranty with them

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I bought Roadmaster last time too, so far so good. Price was about the same and the rating was one step up too.

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Check out Recstuff.com

duh queen

I did some research as I’m due for a new set of 4.80-12’s on my boat trailer. You can still put a 145/80R 12 tire on the same rim, and they’re speed rated to 80mph and load rated to over 1Klbs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.