Slippers

• Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I know this is a bit off topic but you guys are an encyclopedia of knowledge.

I’ve tried on over 100 pairs of slippers in the last year. None of them are close to proper fit. The problem is my high instep. I can get my foot in there just past my toes and then it gets stuck. From what I can tell, you need a foot shaped like a mallard duck to wear these things. So any suggestions? Anyone solve this problem?

Thanks guys

SR

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I use Acorn Moc Slippers. I ware out about 1 pair per year working from home and wearing them all day 5 days a week. Inexpensive, warm and comfortable.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

So do you need high arch support?

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Nope, just something my foot will fit into.

MX1825

I know people who just wear Crocs around the house. Just sayin. whistling

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I love my crocs. But in all seriousness, go to a custom boot store have them fit your foot And build you some custom to your fit slippers. Spendy, but you won’t regret it.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have never been much of a slipper guy. I have received pairs in the past and like you have not been too happy with the fit and didn’t wear them. I received a pair of these LseLom rubber sole slippers and I use them all the time. I guess since I found the link for you I will order another pair.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yes, but isn’t it a problem that Crocs are so sexy that the better half would be all over you all the time and you’d never get anything done?

Coletrain27

Do you wear special shoes and boots? Hard to believe that over 100 pair and nothing will fit. Maybe the feeling of wearing slippers just are not for you? ???

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I ware out about 1 pair per year

Mine wear out about every other year. Wish they would make a more durable set that would last longer. By winter #2, they already have holes and the soles are completely worn out. I run into the same issue with sandals in the summer time. They only last about 2 years. Whereas my shoes last 4-5 years.

Karl Hungus
    Carver County, Minnesota

I’m on my second pair of “Old Friend Footwear” brand mocassins. They’re over in Chanhassen…been happy with them.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

“Do you wear special shoes and boots? “

Close. If they don’t lace up starting at my toes they probably won’t fit. For example, I tried every make and model of Muck boots and none of them would go on.

Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen!

SR

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I envy people who can wear slippers. It doesn’t matter if I wear no socks, socks, different types of socks…..my feet will sweat into oblivion with slippers on.

stevenoak

Get a firm grip on your Mancard. Try the fleece lined crocs. You can wear them out in the snow. Just watch smooth wet concrete!! They are also my long trip winter driving shoes.

stevenoak

OR!!

Attachments:
    1. 20221213_0839009206-scaled.jpg

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Talk to someone who does fur/leather work at the sportsmens shows, I bet you could get a custom pair fitted.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

hah All of my news feeds now have slippers in just about every add!

-J.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

hah All of my news feeds now have slippers in just about every add!

-J.

How can that be? Don’t we have any privacy anymore? Big Brother is alive & well. Remember they can spot a pimple on a knats ass.

JEREMY
    BP

I used to wear crocs around the house but gave them up when I got me a pair of hey dudes. They are comfy and actually wearing them at work today.

Wildlifeguy

Don’t take this the wrong way, but if your feet are shaped like a pair of stiletto heels have you considered that it’s maybe a medical issue, not a shoe issue? I know there’s a condition that causes the tendons in your hand to contract over time, does that apply to feet, too? I’m sure you’ve probably already considered it, but if not, maybe something to look into?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I used to wear crocs around the house but gave them up when I got me a pair of hey dudes. They are comfy and actually wearing them at work today.

Hey dudes are awesome

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Olukai is a brand that typically has some high arch options. Not terribly sure where there might be some to try on but looks like they have a good sale going on now.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

I just ordered a pair of these. I like that they’ll keep the ankles warm. Also should be nice in the ice shack.

Attachments:
    1. 73FFEED0-4AC3-4D4D-82BB-CCE811D6904D.png

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.