Slip bobber rod recommendations

• Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Steelhead rods make for awesome bobber rods. Long, big guides and the right action

Do you have a specific model and part number?

B-man

Not offhand Joe, but I have a couple different models/brands.

There’s a plethora of options out there, and you don’t need to spend a lot of money on an expensive rod.

It’s not about high dollar sensitivity or high modulus graphite, it’s about the right style (long medium-ish action spinning rod). You can spend $30 or $300, but in my opinion they’ll all do what you need done.

Anything in the 8’6″ to 10′ range in a medium or medium light action will work great for walleyes.

You can slingshot a bait and float a mile (if needed) and set a hook in deep water while using mono.

MrWalleye74

Received the 2 limit creek 8’3 expandables in less than 24hrs. Wow! Quick delivery and the rods look great! Can’t wait to try them.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I really like my Tuned Up Custom Apex Pro 7’6 MLXF. Been my go to for this presentation.

My backup rod is a Rosemore Outdoor Gear 7 MLXF I believe referred to as The Double L. Awesome rod for the price point and a perfect bobber rod. Used it all last year for this and honestly couldn’t be happier. Just needed a bit of length in the rod (don’t be nasty) and that’s why I like my Apex Pro.

slough

$30 shipping for the limit creek? Dang, that’s hard to swallow.

R Petersen

I am in big trouble now.

I have been using a 15′ stiff Cane pole. The small pike did not know he could fly.

catmando
    wis

I bought 3, 7ft, 2 piece rods from Gander, brand is some Japanese name that starts with an S, Im6 . 2 piece or extendable is the way to go for me. My Limit Creek 8ft 3iners are my all-around jig and blade bait sticks. DK.

Hey

8 ft Whuppin’ Stick for $29. It’s a bobber rod doesn’t have to be fancy

R Petersen

I will admit to getting more enjoyment from watching a bobber bounce around with a school of fish. Than most any other way to catch fish. waytogo

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.