Slammin' Salmon Tips and Tricks

• eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

So, were less than two weeks away from the GTG, and finally the bite seems to be turning around. Fishing is still a little sporadic because of the plethora of cold water out there, but we’re seeing much more consistent catches in the past week. Therefore, we might as well start talking about some of the things that have been working. Im hoping this thread will work as kind of a Q&A format. I could literally ramble for hours about all the different kind of things we do out there, but I think it would be much more useful if guys just ask the questions they have, and I’ll do my best to answer. There are no secrets out here (except around tourney time), and what worked yesterday doesn’t always work today, but there are definitely general patterns to keep in mind. Hopefully we can get some good discussion going here to help out the guys who are bringing their own rigs but haven’t done much or maybe any of this kind of fishing before. I can help with anything from boat setup, to rigging rods, setting up lures, and even general tactics and things to keep in mind that might help put some extra fish in the boat. So, feel free to fire away and I’ll try to give you as much info as I can about the things you guys want to know about.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I put a pretty detailed list of what worked on my last trip at the end of my 7/13 milwaukee report. Any questions on what any of it means, just post either at the end of the report or on this thread and one of us will try to answer.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I put a pretty detailed list of what worked on my last trip at the end of my 7/13 milwaukee report. Any questions on what any of it means, just post either at the end of the report or on this thread and one of us will try to answer.

Here’s the link to John’s last report for those interested in the info. I know I was as I hope to attend the Slammin’ Salmon GTG later in the month >>> http://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/members/mendotaeye/forums/

On a side note, a feature on the new site that I think people might be interested in allows anyone to click on a username then the forum tab to display all posts by that user, in chronological order. It makes finding a post, when you know who made it, really easy. Try it. You’ll like it.

Attachments:
    1. user-name.png

2. forum-content.png

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

That is a great feature James. Can’t believe I haven’t stumbled on that one yet. Sure makes it easier when you remember somebody posted something somewhere but can’t remember what thread you saw it in. I will be using that one a lot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.