Slab Raps Size

• Al Case

After watching the latest episode of IDO, I’m confused about what size slab raps were used. I thought James said he was using a size 7, while at the same time the product insert on the video said it was a size 5. To confuse things even more, I noticed that on the Rapala site, they only lists sizes 4 and 5. Which size is best for walleyes?
    Thanks,
    Al

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Al to my knowledge slab raps are only available is size 4 and 5 they were using size 5’s ripping raps on the other hand are available from size 4-7 hope this helps.

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

I thought I heard that too, but only see 4’s and 5’s available to the masses. Maybe they are testing additional sizes for next year?

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

I am pretty sure James misspoke and they were using size 5’s like the product insert said.

I bought some of the smaller ones at the ice shows earlier this season. I am going to go buy some size 5’s after seeing them in use the last couple of weeks.

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Yep X2 – In the Mille Lacs episode he was using a #5 and like the others said only 4 and 5 are available.

The UL Rippin Rap is a #4, but I had plenty of success on Perch last year when I realized I only had a #5 – I assume either work great for the Slab Raps too

slowjig59
    MN

Hard to find, but Thorne Bros has both sizes #5 & #4’s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.