SKOL TO THE BOWL!!!

• Evan_peterson12
    Rosemount, MN

Yup football season is back in full swing, finally something else to do while waiting for the walleyes to come back to the shallows.

What is the #1 Vikings related thing you are looking forward to most this season?

For me it’s the chance at going to my first game at US Bank Stadium.

ThunderLund78

I put zero stake in pre-season football, but no offensive touchdowns in two games leaves me a little suspicious of the positive outlooks for this year. I do think our defense will be better, secondary looked pretty good last night but really hard to tell given the bench-rider who’s throwing the ball.

I still love football but the events of the last couple years have really made me reflect on what I spend my time on. No this is not about kneeling, etc but Sports is entertainment and I’ve always found it a form of escapism. It’s much less appealing to tune it and continue to be reminded of all the bad when really there’s so much more good than people realize. So I probably don’t pay as close of attention as I once did. I find myself trying to be a little more constructive on Sundays and maybe have the game on in the background. But sill love my purple! SKOL!

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Gives me something to listen to on long car rides back from hunting trips.

I still enjoy football, but every year I seem to lose more interest.

Regarding the outcome of this season, I’m going to predict they give us a similar response as the Twins did this year…total flop this year.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

coffee

Attachments:
    1. Not-interested.jpg

Mike

I would like to see cousins traded for some pocket lint, and we would get the better out of the trade….F that guy.

Ripjiggen

Prediction they implode and they clean house.

Mike

Agreed!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Gives me something to listen to on long car rides back from hunting trips.
    X2

[quote=2055961]Prediction they implode and they clean house.

I don’t think they’ll implode but if they don’t get to the second round of the playoffs the Wilfs will clean house.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Seems like the pre season has slowly turned into less and less important for the league. Heck, last year they completely scrapped it. Now they replaced a pre season game and added another regular season game. I could see them dropping another pre season game in the future.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I find myself trying to be a little more constructive on Sundays and maybe have the game on in the background. But sill love my purple! SKOL!

X2

These days it’s mostly on the radio while coming or going from hunting trips. I’ll sit down and watch the night games, but otherwise have better things to do on Sunday daytime

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Seems like the pre season has slowly turned into less and less important for the league. Heck, last year they completely scrapped it. Now they replaced a pre season game and added another regular season game. I could see them dropping another pre season game in the future.

As useful as blank on a boar! They already got joint practices throughout camp so preseason is totally unnecessary. I’m just looking for some normalcy again. Can’t even watch baseball because the season was in the gutter by May. I just hope there are meaningful games in December.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thing I’m most looking forward to? Having a dominant defense again! Tomlinson and Pierce should be beasts up the middle, allowing everyone else around them to excel at their strengths.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Cleaning house needs to include Rick Spielman

I absolutely agree!!

Thing I’m most looking forward to? Having a dominant defense again!

It will be nice to see a better defense but they aren’t going anywhere without better O-line performance to protect Cousins.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thing I’m most looking forward to? Having a dominant defense again!

It will be nice to see a better defense but they aren’t going anywhere without better O-line performance to protect Cousins.

Agreed, but that is definitely in the realm of possibilities. 2 new starters, Udoh/Davis at guard and Hill/Darrisaw at Tackle, plus the other 3 spots are all young guys that should be progressing with Cleveland, Bradbury and O’Neill (who is proven already).

Netguy
    Minnetonka

It would also help if Cousins could navigate the pocket better. He waits too long to ad lib and then grits his teeth and folds like a house of cards.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

It would also help if Cousins could navigate the pocket better. He waits too long to ad lib and then grits his teeth and folds like a house of cards.

Pocket presence and holding onto the ball too long are definitely his biggest weaknesses

Ripjiggen

Thing I’m most looking forward to? Having a dominant defense again! Tomlinson and Pierce should be beasts up the middle, allowing everyone else around them to excel at their strengths.

That definatley remains to be seen if they can be dominant. D line will definitely be improved the rest remains to be seen. And they are thin just about everywhere on D.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

with Cousins at QB, the only bowl there going to is the draft bowl…………

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was thinking the Toilet Bowl.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Cousins and the offense were not the issue last season. From a statistical stand point, he had his best season as a professional quarterback. He threw 35 touchdowns. Dalvin Cook finished 2nd in rushing yardage behind Derrick Henry. The offense was ranked 4th overall in the entire league too.

The issue was the porous defense. A number of players hurt for most of the season and a lack of a rushing defense with big nose tackles was obviously the weakest link. The overall defense was easily bottom-5 in the league because of it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

That definatley remains to be seen if they can be dominant. D line will definitely be improved the rest remains to be seen. And they are thin just about everywhere on D.

Well their 2 glaring weaknesses last year were the DL, which is basically all new proven vets, and the secondary. Pretty much any new warm bodies would be an improvement in the secondary, the fact they got Patrick Peterson, Breeland and Alexander, should be a VAST improvement. Even if PP isn’t in his HOF prime, he should be serviceable, and Alexander and Breeland aren’t going to make any All-Pro teams either but should be better than average, which again is HUGE improvement over worst in the league like last year. Depth is an issue as there isn’t much behind Kendricks and Barr (what’s his deal this preseason?) nor behind Smith and Woods at safety. Oh and we don’t have a kicker…

queenswake
    NULL

Vikes fans get excited during coach/QB changes when they do well the first year and give everyone home, only to lose in the first round of the playoffs. And then progressively get worse each year thereafter.

Since we are at the bottom of that cycle and are all waiting for the next regime change, no. It’s hard to have any excitement for the upcoming season. We are simply in a holding pattern until the change.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Surprised to see so much negativity around a team that has had a terrific offseason. At least in terms of adding talent to a roster that went 7-9 last year. Even Eelpout seems to have not just put his lawn chair into storage but helped the garbage man load it into the compactor.

Im not sure what to think of the Vikings chances this year. I wouldnt mind seeing Zimmer go. I dont think hes the answer at coach. Im not a huge fan or anything but i think you can win with cousins. he isnt the biggest problem IMO. with the added pieces on defense and an improved O-line, im gonna say we might finish at 10-7. Our schedule does look tough this year though

Ripjiggen

I am not ready to say the O line is improved. Basically same unit as last year minus Reif and that’s kind of an important spot.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I am not ready to say the O line is improved. Basically same unit as last year minus Reif and that’s kind of an important spot.

I disagree. We changed starting players at 2 of the 5 positions with Udoh or Davis at RG and Darrisaw at LT (when he gets healthy) and we added 2 of the top talents in the draft at their respective position in Darrisaw and Davis.

We also added depth by trading for Mason Cole and brought back Rashod Hill

picklerick
    Central WI

What is the #1 Vikings related thing you are looking forward to most this season?

#1 for me is not watching. Nothing to do with anything except I’ve never cared to watch other people play games. Not checkers, Monopoly, poker or sports.

#2 is enjoying lighter boat traffic while I’m out fishing on game days.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

I disagree. We changed starting players at 2 of the 5 positions with Udoh or Davis at RG and Darrisaw at LT (when he gets healthy) and we added 2 of the top talents in the draft at their respective position in Darrisaw and Davis.

We also added depth by trading for Mason Cole and brought back Rashod Hill

Well Darrisaw has yet to take a practice rep, game rep is even further down the list.

Davis is currently 3rd on the depth chart.

And lost Reif. So I will stick with my statement until I’m shown something else.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.