Skiing nothing like it

• Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

So we went musky fishing on Sunday and we had an awesome time. I was lucky enough to catch 2 a 36 and an awesome 48. We also had another 6 follows including a fish around 40 that followed us literally 10 times it followed almost everything before lazy bitting a Medusa that my buddy couldn’t get hooks into. The two fish we caught were spots 1 and 2 the 36 came on my 5th cast and the 48 was 45min later needless to say it was a good morning. However the 48 ended up braking the hot lure without another one in the boat.

Our game plan for the day when we were looking at the weather was to throw top and blades, but with three people in the boat if decided to grind some rocks with a 9 inch grandma. All of our fish came on rock shoreline with deep water near by. It was an awesome day can’t wait for more and bigger. Can’t stop the chase!!

Attachments:
    1. 20160724_223528.jpg

2. 20160724_223722.jpg

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thought this was gonna be about carving a wake up with an O’Brien…. crazy doah jester

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well done. You now have a very expensive addiction. rotflol

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Well yah it is but you can get started fairly cheep. Keep looking on Craigslist and you can find a good amount of baits for not that much just to get going. If I was looking to get started knowing what I know now I would get 2 medium size bucktails 1 top raider 1walk the dog lure 1 jerkbait like phantom or hellhound a medium Medusa then a 9inch grandma yah that is still spendy but at about 18to25 bucks a bait you can get a few baits and they are baits that will catch fish at all phases of the season. The rods on Craigslist are cheep for a combo and those are fine to get into it. When you want to upgrade your looking at awesome rods for 100 to 200 and the most important in my opinion is the reelto get a good all around reel for 150ish so yah it is expensive but it’s not like you need a hundred baits to catch fish like bass fishing or walleyes don’t be afraid to get into it my starter kit from Craigslist was 200 bucks for 80 baits tackel box 2 rod and reel combos and a good net. Find the right deal and the right guy and get into it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.