WestBend Wisconsin

WX 1950
    t-8 kicker w/power tilt
    minnkota 101 w auto pilot
    4 bank on board charger
    6 ram rod holders on front and rear ss rails
    Cobra Marine Radio w ant mounted on front rail
    2 958c’s on ram mount’s
    727 mounted in dash so i have a flasher while on plane so i can run full map
    added screens on the bait wells so my minnows don’t swim out again
    armour coated trailer with ss fenders (easier to get in and out of and a little sturdier as Iam a big fellow 6’7 350

Jerrod

2010 WX2100 walkthrough with 300 Verado and 9.9 Pro Kicker
    TR-1 Autopilot on the 9.9, wired into the Humminbird 1197 on dash. Digital gauges opened up one of the small gauge holes in the dash, put a compass in there. Also have 798 in dash and a 788 on bow. Hamby’s keel guard. Road armor on the trailer.

101 Terrova with I pilot, ram mount to secure head of Terrova to hull when running. Standard Horizon Quest X VHF radio (also wired to 1197 so panic button transmits lat/lon)with 8 ft Digital antenna. AM/FM/CD radio. Bert’s 6″ tracks for downriggers. Rails front and back. Folbe rod holders on rails. Made tool holders out of King’s starboard to hold pliers, jawspreaders, forceps, etc and just recently added shelves for under the consoles (picked up at SBC)

I troll big water alot, and would not be without the TR-1 autopilot. Spendy but worth every dime.

arklite881south

Quote:

I rigged mine with a custom autowaxer Good worker ,but hard on fuel .

I need one of those “Auto Waxers!!”

I guess I forgot Trollmaster, Keel Guard, 4 bank charger, Tough coat on trailer………Hmnnnnnnnnnnn These boats are tricked out!!

Oh and I guess I have misrepresented my motor as I will be running the Off Shore variety. My bad. The “Off Shore” 300 simply ROCKS the WX2100. Dang it……Now I have to rename the boat!! I still like the “Fish Casket”

mike-west
    Amery, WI

***And why are we discussing Ranger on the Skeeter forum? ***

Me so bad. I had originally just wanted some clarification on Yamahas new SHO’s, and I got off on my little tanget. For this I appologize! Ranger, Skeeter, Lund, Alumacraft, there all nice toys and all have the same purpose, helping keep us all happy and sain!

and Chris, I really do like the “Fish Casket”. By all the reports we get from you, it’s quite fitting.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I run the 250 4 Stroke (2009)on my Ranger 620.
    I have 2 really good freinds in both the FLW & AIM, and they can’t beleive how well my boats gets out of the water and on plane. They are up against the best offered all summer long, and they told me, If I knew what was best for me, I wouldn’t change a thing.
    Ranger 620 full of fuel, way to much gear (if there is such a thing) and when water conditions allow it, I’m able to run 65 MPH GPS and as mentioned, I have zero drag getting up on plane.
    One extremely happy camper.
    Come on, soft water… please!!!

Most 620 Rangers with a F250 have a hard time hitting 55. If yours does 65… never sell it. You’ll never find another one like it.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

James, exactly what the pro guys said once they were aware I was playing april fools jokes on them.
    Boat will never hit that mark again as I was concerned about blowing something that was almost brand new.
    Down wind, with current, and little fuel probably had something to do with it
    I still would like to know what the SHO 250 would do, but guess I’ll leave way good enough alone.
    My neighbor is an authorized service tech for Yamaha and he speaks really high about the off shores.
    Can’t imagine a 300 strapped on. WOW

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

My neighbor is an authorized service tech for Yamaha and he speaks really high about the off shores.
    Can’t imagine a 300 strapped on. WOW

I’ve never driven any motor from any company that has a better hole shot, midrange torque or top end speed. Every time I got in my boat last year I was reminded that everything I had come to hold as true about 4 strokes had changed. 4 strokes aren’t slow out of the hole any more…. 2 strokes are. In comparison anyway. And I still have a quiet running, fuel sipping motor that is endlessly reliable.

If Yamaha gets the SHO technology into the 100 – 200 HP motors the other companies will be in deep doo-doo if they’re not prepared to follow suit. I’ve heard talk of weight savings on the 150 – 200 HP motors that seems impossible. If it happens, and Yamaha always seems to hit their marks, the way walleye boats perform will change forever.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Won’t ever own anything but! Now, if they were just Made in the USA!!!
    I ussualy fish Rainy in early-Mid September with my Father, & I am just going to have to set some time aside to con Chris into giving me a ride in the Sweet Skeeter with the 300 strapped on. I know, probabaly cost me dearly when I come pulling up to ask in my Ranger, but my guess is it would be well worth it.
    Look out market, if Yamaha goes with the current technology they have in the SHO’s (and off shores) in the more mid range motors, lots are going to be in trouble Just as you mentioned.
    Open water…… Please

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Quote:

If Yamaha gets the SHO technology into the 100 – 200 HP motors the other companies will be in deep doo-doo if they’re not prepared to follow suit.

I may be in deep doo-doo as well (with the wife). That would be pretty exciting. the wx2100/300 OS just doesn’t fit my scene right now… but an 1850/1900 with more snap and speed….no brainer….until I wake-up.

arklite881south

Quote:

Quote:

If Yamaha gets the SHO technology into the 100 – 200 HP motors the other companies will be in deep doo-doo if they’re not prepared to follow suit.

I may be in deep doo-doo as well (with the wife). That would be pretty exciting. the wx2100/300 OS just doesn’t fit my scene right now… but an 1850/1900 with more snap and speed….no brainer….until I wake-up.

The brilliant pairing of Skeeter boats with Yamaha reliabilty has anglers “Drooling in Doo-Doo as Mr.Holst described”

For years Yamaha has been regarded as the bullet proof outboard. NOW with the ridiculous holeshot and power of the “Off Shore” motor Yamaha has raised the bar. I simply could not believe the hole shot I received with my test drive in the WX2100!! Dave Marquart brought 2 guys from the SBC to do some testing on the 300 “Off Shore” with me. We loaded 2 bigger guys in the jump seats (No hard feelings boys!!) and filled the back well to the top. Dave said “HIT IT” We literally flew out of the hole as I was ripped back into my seat. I promise you…..You simply need to experience this jumpstart!! I love the hole shot getting me up on plane in tight spots.

GAMECHANGER!! No Doubt!!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I cant wait to drive the offshore. I had the opportunity last year to drive a 250 on the wx2100 but I passed because I knew I wouldnt be happy with me 300 hpdi haha. Didnt plan on getting a new boat this year but a buddy offered good money on mine so I was forced to There is no doubt that this motor is gonna be a game changer like Chris said!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I am NOT going to be happy if they introduce the 150 Off Shore next year. Unless they have an exchange program.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No, no 150 off shore next year. I think the R&D will take longer than that to get it Yama-perfect and ready for release to the public.

3ball
    Monticello/Ely, MN

Does anyone have pictures or suggestions for a bimini top for a wx2100? I need one but want to avoid having to put it on the floor if I can. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

arklite881south

Welcome to IDO 3ball!!

I have a Bimini top being designed for my 2011 WX2100. I have let the Skeeter Boat Center take the ball on this one. When I get it in my hands I will certainly pass on some pics!

ted-merdan

Quote:

Most 620 Rangers with a F250 have a hard time hitting 55. If yours does 65… never sell it. You’ll never find another one like it.

James is correct here and I don’t mean to belabor the Ranger numbers in a Skeeter post but the 620’s on the ’08 and later hulls running w/ 250 Pro XS’a and 250 E-TEC HO’s are fast. The majority of them running w/ tournament loads (AIM/FLW) are low to mid-60’s. I was running 57-59 on a 621 w/ 250 HO in ’08 so the numbers are real. Here’s a link to a performance report that validates.620 / 250 HO Performance Report

If you are running a non-offshore (SHO) F250/620 I would agree that even approaching 60 on the GPS while off the trailer is more than a bit of a stretch…

Back to the subject…

-ted

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

You are going to lose a little top end waxing your hull like that!

-J.

blackbay

Quote:

Quote:

You are going to lose a little top end waxing your hull like that!

-J.

Yea it is an exersize in futility but imaging how good he’ll be at Karate. Wax on, wax off Daniel san.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Trained well! But you could at least get him a buffer My boat gets probably 4-5 wax jobs a yr and the hull 2-3x, then after every wash wipe down with quick detail spray. The Meguiars dual action buffer is great, never have to worry about burning the surface. Without doing the hull I can wax the boat in probably 25mins.

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.