Skeeter Color patterns

• DJS50

I am very seriously considering buying a MX1825 as soon as they come out. So what color should I get? Please post some pics of you skeeter so I can get an idea of the color patterns. I played around on the Skeeter website but I don’t think they dop the colors justice.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Yeah its tough to tell the colors unless you have seen them in person. There are a ton of different color set ups I would go with. What colors are you kinda thinking? Tell me like 3-4 flake colors.

blackbay

You’re right the website doesn’t give you the 100% actual colors and a lot depends on how good your monitor is. I’ve “built” a few boats on line and it’s hard to distinguish many of the darker colors from each other, but you get a decent idea of what it would look like. My guess, and it’s only a guess, is that Skeeter will give buyers a handful of popular color options to choose from. This would allow them to speed up production and help keep costs down. I’m sure James and the SBC guys can give more info, if they’re allowed to yet.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

I am very seriously considering buying a MX1825 as soon as they come out. So what color should I get? Please post some pics of you skeeter so I can get an idea of the color patterns. I played around on the Skeeter website but I don’t think they dop the colors justice.

You are correct as to seeing the colors different on the web. When you get real serious about picking out colors feel free to stop in and we can take a look at quite a few of the colors available on boats that we have here!!

greg_r
    Woodbury MN

The Skeeter boat Center will have the actual color chips in a book with gels, flakes, carpet and upholstery that will give you a better idea for your boat. Picking the colors is easy, Waitin for it to show up in your garage is agony but well worth the wait.

DJS50

I was kicking around black onyx with midnight burgundy or fusion blue or silver hologram with the burgundy or blue. What do you guys think of going with a white running surface? I was hoping the stupid muskies wouldn’t get freaked out by a white bottom boat when they show up to torment me. LOL

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I was kicking around black onyx with midnight burgundy or fusion blue or silver hologram with the burgundy or blue. What do you guys think of going with a white running surface? I was hoping the stupid muskies wouldn’t get freaked out by a white bottom boat when they show up to torment me. LOL

Depends where you fish. I’ve been struggling with that as well. Considering I fish pool 4 a ton. I can imagine a white and black running surface will need a lot of cleaning after every trip.

I’m a fan of the green. Of course Nicole disagrees. That’s OK, I’m just happy I’ve got the thumbs up for a new rig.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I didn’t get to pick my color scheme, but I really like it. Its hard to see in the picture, but the pinstripe is a burnt orange. When I order my new boat (), I think I will still go with a dark boat but I’m going to try to get some blue into it as well. I will most likely go with the white interior color next time around. It gets a little bright in the boat when the sun is high in the sky.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

go on bass boat central and look at both the skeeter owners galleries and boats for sale. granted, these are all bass boats, but the striping is pretty much the same…Just a bit larger on the walleye boats.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Here are a couple with the colors you were talking about.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Wade I think the sterling also looks good with the green and onyx pin.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

fife, what color is the top cap? the silver?

the only color i won’t go with is white, there is no hiding anything on that bright white, every shoe scuff, worm dirt, you name it

no white for me

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

the only color i won’t go with is white, there is no hiding anything on that bright white, every shoe scuff, worm dirt, you name it

no white for me

The top cap and interior are silver. That is a good point though because I know there have been a few scuffs put in it. Maybe I would regret going with white.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Quote:

no white for me

The top cap and interior are silver. That is a good point though because I know there have been a few scuffs put in it. Maybe I would regret going with white.

That’s my reasoning for going with dark carpet and dark deck color.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

White on the top cap is a bit of a pain to keep looking clean, but at least you know if it is dirty. If you are not into keeping your stuff clean, white is not for you in any way. White however is phenomenal for keeping the temperature down in the summer time on those hot days. I also think it looks phenomenal to have some solid gel colors with all that flake on the boat. I agree on checking out BBC, but it is always hard to tell looking at the PC. I would highly recommend visiting a dealer like Skeeter Boat Center where they have a large inventory of product and colors that you can look at personally. Another good place is to look at all of the old brochures here is a link to a guy’s webpage where all of the old brochures are scanned in. This is where I researched my color patterns the most. Doug is a board moderator for the Humminbird boards on BBC. On the left of the page are the links to the brochures.

Doug V. Skeeter Brochures

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I maybe wrong on this but I think I heard SBC is getting half of this years production of the MX with the rest commited to other Skeeter dealers. If so you may not be able to custom order one until 2012.

Might want to check with SBC to find out for sure.

DJS50

Sounds like a possible bargaining point.
    Boy I really like the rig but the color just doesn’t seem quite right. You know what? I think I would feel better if you could, how should I say this? Make it worth my while.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Boy I really like the rig but the color just doesn’t seem quite right. You know what? I think I would feel better if you could, how should I say this? Make it worth my while.

Two ways to look at that. If the MX turns out to be as hot a boat as everyone seems to think you may not get one by haggling price. I am 99.999999999% positive they have sold orders on the MX already and nobody has even seen one yet.

The best way for my customers in my business to haggle price is to show up in my office with cash in hand ready to buy. Then and only then you get my BEST price. Until that point it’s all just talk.

I suggest a trip to SBC the day they arrive if you really want one in 2011.

DJS50

Just like all these threads are “just talk” until someone not actually building or selling the MX actually sees one!

jwhite58502

Here is mine has the white gel bottom it was a carryover but the boat was what i wanted and the blue matches my truck told my wife it was fate not sure she believed me but what the he** it worked.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

I love my black bottom. I fish the old muddy 90% of the time so it keeps the brown scumline a lot less visable. Also if you have a brother that has a hard time spitting snuff over the side, I would not go with a white top

dmarkq01
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

You’re right the website doesn’t give you the 100% actual colors and a lot depends on how good your monitor is. I’ve “built” a few boats on line and it’s hard to distinguish many of the darker colors from each other, but you get a decent idea of what it would look like. My guess, and it’s only a guess, is that Skeeter will give buyers a handful of popular color options to choose from. This would allow them to speed up production and help keep costs down. I’m sure James and the SBC guys can give more info, if they’re allowed to yet.

The boat builder is great for creating the feel that you want. Coming to see actual colors on real boats makes a huge difference. Color charts with the actual flake and gel samples can then be used to refine your choice.

We expect Skeeter to continue offering the full range of color choices. It’s fun to pick your own colors, but can be a bit nerve racking, too. At Skeeter Boat Center we will help with final color choices if needed.

Expect full metal flake colors on all surfaces except the running surface to be the std pricing.

Any White, Mod White or any other gel color any where on the boat other than the running surface adds to the Price. Max upcharge for most expensive combination is still less than $500.

dmarkq01
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Quote:
    ——————————————————————————–

——————————————————————————–

Two ways to look at that. If the MX turns out to be as hot a boat as everyone seems to think you may not get one by haggling price. I am 99.999999999% positive they have sold orders on the MX already and nobody has even seen one yet.

No price gouging at Skeeter Boat Center regardless of how hot the MX1825 becomes, and we expect there to be high demand. SBC will have very, very attractive pricing right from the start. You won’t pay more to be one of the first owners of this fantastic new product. As I mentioned in a previous thread, Skeeter plans to build the MX as a 2012 model from the start and make it a high volume unit. They’re going to build more than enough boats to satisfy demand. As with any new product, there will be a production ramp up process to ensure quality. They should be at full production within a couple months. Based on what Skeeter did with the all new FX Bass boat (it was red hot) when it was introduced a little over a year ago, additional MX boat molds would be added to production if the lead time starts to get too long.

You’ll be able to get the color you want, and at a great price too!!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

A lot of people might not like white tops but I had it on my 2050 and I loved it. I never had any scuffs, after a weekend of crawler fishing it would be a little messy but it got washed once a week! I would rather know when my boat is dirty then try to hide it. I went with a flake top this time I still will wash it once a week, but we wil see how I like it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

True that the white surface is a bit tougher to keep clean but when it is clean… GORGEOUS! Here’s some pics of my first Skeeter – WX1950.

Lots more pics here >>> Photos – Skeeter WX 1950 w/ 225 Yamaha

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

IMO, white is easier to keep clean than black. Both look sharp, heck, they all look sharp when clean. Haven’t heard of many low /no maintenance colors. It’s about what you like. I’m a “white boat” guy. That’s just me….

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

White guy here as well (no pun). Did debate heavily around going with black hull and a mixture of blues. I love my color combo. One thing that really helps is having some accents to match the accessories and engine paint scheme.

Here are a few shots of my rig, makes me want to get her out of storage…

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I can say the color debate has been raging in this house.

randy-k
    West Central MN

I had a “Moondust” Skeeter bass boat for many years. Love that
    color out in the sun. I’m a tiller guy now (always have been
    for that matter) and if I was to order a 2000T the following
    colors would get strong consideration.
    Deck: Moondust
    Deck Stripe: Sterling
    Deck Pin Stripe: Black Galaxy
    Hull: White
    Bottom: White
    Hull Double “S” Stripe: Moondust
    Hull Stripe: Sterling
    Hull Pin Stripe: Black Galaxy
    Trailer Fender: Moondust
    Trailer: Black
    Trailer Pins: Sterling

arklite881south

My 2010 and soon to be rigged 2011!!

I will admit I am a bit partial to the Laser Red in the sunlight. The unvieling of my 2011 with a few little customized Tweeks from the SBC will get catch a few looks dockside at the resorts again this summer. I simply don’t blend well and don’t want a boat to either.

Truly isn’t color designing the most fun thing about buying a new boat?! Lets all continue to show pics of our pride and joy.

I trumped the fishing queens wish when she voted for PURPLE. Maybe someday she can have her own Purple boat in the MX series.

She has also assured me I will NO LONGER be on the 1 and done plan for new Skeeter boats. I assure her I would be on the 3 year plan from now on……..JUST TO GIVE ROOM FOR A COMPROMISE!! A LOT can happen in the marketplace in 2 years.

On a side note regarding white. White is a much cooler color in the heat of the summer. A white interior and topside WILL be less hot on your hands and feet than a darker color scheme I assure you. Still no kidding aside “Sho Time” will be sizzling on Rainy Lake all year long baby!! Probably……..TO HOT TO TOUCH!! Don’t worry you won’t catch up anyway.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.