Looking to buy a new or used skeeter

• RobertHoover
    Michigan, lake st.clair

Been reading all the write ups on them and think that is what I want to go with.I am looking for a 1850 but going bigger wouldnt be a bad thing either.I will be using the boat on Lake st. clair ,erie primarily.So if anyone knows of a good used one or a decent place to buy a new one I would appreciate any information.Thanks in advance.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Robert, first I want to welcome you to IDO.

This is strictly my opinion, if I were going to fish Erie and were buying a boat I would buy a new one. That way I would not be surprised with any sort of hidden damage. Things can get pretty rough on Erie, heck any big lake for that matter. If you get a new one you will have the peace of mind you are flying across the water in a machine that can handle most anything the lake can throw at it…

That is my $0.02 worth

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

welcome to IDO. You have came to the right place to get some answers.

There is plenty of options for what you are looking for.
    See the flashing envelope up by your screen name!!!!

arklite881south

The WX series is a premiere big water boat!! Feel free to fire away with any questions.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I have also been shopping heavy for one since riding in Chris’, I am wondering what are the new features in the wx hulls verus the zx 1950 or 2050 hulls? Im not a huge fan of the jump seats but love every thing else.

RobertHoover
    Michigan, lake st.clair

What is you’re preffered methods of setting these up for open water trolling,I am use to berts tracks n gear, but i see that they come with a optional rail system.Granted having more than 2 people at a time in the boat is at a minimum i would still like to be up to par to “run a good spread” weather it be for salmon or walleye.I guess a good question i have is will a 12″ berts track fit behind the rail system , which will connect to a swivel base for a pair of downriggers(one on each side)?looking into the rail system I am kinda key on it but looking to maximize room, thinking three rods of each side weather for planers or dipseys.I guess the question is would i be better of going with a berts tree or something similiar or three seperate rod holders on the rail?I do not like the berts tree personallly but i think i can run a extra lead core off the top high n straight back?Again I am looking to put out a More than generous spread within the laws and regulations of the waters i will be fishing but lets say I have ideal contions on a family vacation and try to squeeze four people. altimetlly I am trying to feel what has worked out for people and rigging and for size of the boat also as far as what they feel comfortable on with X amount of people.I 99 percent of the time fish alone.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

You would have a few options. I would start with getting front and rear rails. You can fit 3 on each rear rail and possibly 2 on each front rail. That is 10 right there. If you are around during your rigging process you can have them put the rails farther ahead so you can fit your 12″ track behind them. There isnt pre drilled holes for the rails so they can be mounted wherever you would like. That makes the most sense to me, but being there with all the pieces you would like on there would really help maximize what you could get!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.