Oh James……….Found Something You May Like

• sauger
    Hastings ,MN

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

300 ponies …..means no tubing without serious supervision.

Given that I tend to hang it with guys that refuse to grow up I think that means… no tubing. We’d find DeeZee hanging 30’ up in a tree somewhere.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

To quote that Disney World commercial “I’m too excited to sleep.”

So that should explain why I’m going through specs…. again, at midnight. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough. And the crazy thing is I know I won’t be able to drive it tomorrow. I get to go over and give some input on rigging and drool.

What stands out the most right now is that the 300 Off Shore weighs 562. That’s less than 25 lbs heavier than a Vmax 250 2 stroke with a 20” lower unit. The amount of weight they’ve saved on these motors while greatly increasing the displacement is quite the technological feat of engineering.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Jonny Millner: “You’re gonna hafta do one hell of a lot more than that to scare me!”

American Graffiti!! The Fifties!!!!! Drag racing!!!!

Are you ready to rumble

I may need to upgrade soon Iv’e been waiting to see that engine.

DTWH

What are you seeing for top speed out of your F300?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

62 MPH with two adults approx 35 gals in the tank, thats fully trimmed.
    I love it, my wife on the other hand not so much.
    I am salivating at the thought of doing the same with a four Stroke.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

SHO me the 350

For a speed junkie!!!
    All I can say to that is to quote my grandma
    “My Heavens;”

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Does that thing have a hemi? Geez

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

With trips to Green Bay, LOTW, Rainy and Oahe on the horizon I’ll definitely get the chop needed for a good shake down run.

Jim, When are you going to Rainy River/LOW?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

With trips to Green Bay, LOTW, Rainy and Oahe on the horizon I’ll definitely get the chop needed for a good shake down run.

I’ll be up there for the Houseboat Get Together towards the end of Sept.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I’ll be up there for the Houseboat Get Together towards the end of Sept.

Thats for Rainy, what about LOW? 4th week of Oct? thats when I’ll be there(LOW)

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

now, that motor is not a SHO motor, correct? i only see up to 250 on the yamaha site. is that just the 4 stroke off-shore model?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

300 ponies …..means no tubing without serious supervision.

Given that I tend to hang it with guys that refuse to grow up I think that means… no tubing. We’d find DeeZee hanging 30’ up in a tree somewhere.

Can I drive again???

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

now, that motor is not a SHO motor, correct? i only see up to 250 on the yamaha site. is that just the 4 stroke off-shore model?

It is the new SHO technology in a version for walleye boats with a 25” transom. I have no idea why Yamaha didn’t / doesn’t call it an SHO but it is the same motor and same huge displacement with low weight.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

Here’s the link to the yamaha offshore outboards that should give you all the info >>> http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/V6offshore_micro/

yeah, thats what i had seen on their site. was just confused, because it doesn’t have the SHO cowl.

let us know how fast she runs!

i’ve got a new boat motor coming too…but its for running fast in places you shouldn’t be able to get a boat.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

yeah, thats what i had seen on their site. was just confused, because it doesn’t have the SHO cowl.

You’re not likely to be the only one confused by it either. Not that my 2 cents matter for much but tossing a cool SHO decal on all the cowls just doesn’t seem like a bad idea.

Quote:

i’ve got a new boat motor coming too…but its for running fast in places you shouldn’t be able to get a boat.

Are you getting a jet? Tell me more, please. I just spent the last 3 days running small water on the Red in ND and a jet would have kept my heart rate at more consistent levels.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I had my first crack behind the wheel of my new boat this past weekend. What a rocketship! It doesn’t matter how many people you put in this thing. 2 people or 5 people… she’ll turn 59.5 – 60 MPH, minimum. I did see 61.9 going downstream with a little current behind me and that’s with a prop that stops making productive RPMs at 5500. Hole shot is good and the midrange is AWESOME. I’ll have more info on this boat once it finds a permanent home in my drive (Skeeter Boat Center has it this week to finish rigging and do some prop testing). I think we’ll be able to get 62 – 64 MPH out of this big girl.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks for the ride James, the daughter and I had a blast

I see why they don’t make a 350 or 400 yet….the bottom of the boat would never get wet

My hats off to the whole Skeeter team at Clinton St. Awesome job with the show guys

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.