New modifications to 1880 Skeeter

• tonyholland00
    Plymouth MN

Saw all of the wasted space under each console and decided to do something about it. Took some 1/2 inch plywood, made racks and Velcro on both the rack and the tackle boxes and I now have access!! No more lugging around that 10 box tackle box!!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

looks good!

could you have turned them on their side to get more there?

instead of one on top of the other could you have gone | | | |?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Jami,
    I think he stacked them like that in case you end up fishing with him and it starts to rain. You can just stand in the space next to the boxes. Not that I couldn’t probably stand next to you.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Thanks Kirk!!! I could probably fit down there!!!

I did see you in the cafeteria today……

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Leg space or more tackle storage – I think you made the correct choice!!!!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Look great Tony! Can you come over to my house and show me how to put those in my Skeeter?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I love DO IT YOURSELF stuff. One suggestion. Not sure how they stay secure when you are running? Might want to consider “raising” the front of the shelves so they sit back at a bit of an angle.

tonyholland00
    Plymouth MN

I have a bit of vecro on the bottom of my tackle boxes and on the shelves this keeps the compeletely secure!! So far anyway I have not been out in 2-3 footers.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

I thought about doing that,but opted for more speakers for rocking!! Looks great though

arklite881south

Great idea!! I had the Skeeter Boat Center install some aluminum shelves under both the drivers and Passengers console. The shelves have a rubber mat in them to prevent items from shifting in transport. I utilize these shelves for high use items such as Needle nose pliers, Jaw Spreaders, knives, scissors, Fish Scale, jig box…… Nice add on for storage in that space!! I also think I’m going to look at utilizing the upper portion of the Gunwhales for some sort of organized “Easy Access” storage. Right now mine are a bit under utilized. I can’t believe all the storage in this WX2100!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.