Skeeter WX2000T

• mrducks

do any of you have a problem with this boat not “tracking” properly in reverse when back trolling? I seem to have a problem in the boat bow not wanting to follow my turns very well and it often times requires increased thrust to accomplish a turn. 115 yammie with a vantage is my set up.
    Thanks

corey-studer

Nice set up mrducks and welcome!

I found the same thing when test driving that rig last year. Maybe one of the owners of the same rig will chime in and give you feedback. I think if you were to put a sock off the bow, that will help immensely.

Corey

JasonP
    Twin Cities

i don’t care how that thing tracks….its still my dream boat

ted-merdan

My comment is not intended to bash and I have not driven this boat – just wanted to preface and try to be helpful.

It has to do with the width – a wider boat takes more to turn in reverse than a narrower boat.

-ted

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I wonder if a different prop would help? Think about it, prop engineers spend all kinds of time trying to develop a good design going forward, and right away we shift the engine into reverse and want a lot of thrust. Ever try to back-up with a High-5 prop? Almost impossible, but the forward “bite” is great. Look at prop designs on the T-8 and 9.9 ProKicker, big blades with almost no cupping, so they bite equally in both directions.
    Just a thought, HRG

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I would look at adding weight up front. Maybe fill a livewell / baitwell towards the front? More weight will slow it down but also put more bow into the water and give it better bite. Easy test would be to find a “chunkie” neighbor and put them up front and check it out.

Let us know if anything works.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

A small drift sock off ther bow and all is good!!

mrducks

drift sock off the bow solved the problem.
    thanks for the advice

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

drift sock off the bow solved the problem.
    thanks for the advice

Yep! James and I did a show on how to utilize drift socks while trolling to help maintain boat control.

Rainy Lake Spinner Walleyes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.