1850 Trailer Options?

• trollingeyes
    Appleton, WI

I’ve been looking very hard at this boat with the F150 motor and was wondering if the single axle trailer is enough or am i better off with a tandem axle trailer. Thanks

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

It all depends on your situation really. Yes the single axel is plenty for that boat. With that said if you spend most of your time traveling, 1 hour or more each way or longer you may consider a tandem. If possible and money allows I would go for the tandem. The boat pulls a little better and it also saves on the truck for weight. The only downfall on the tandem is that it is harder to move around in the garage or trying to hook it up to the truck.

I pulled an 1880 around for a year and a half on a single axel and never had one issue at all.

So in short, yes the single is enough, but if you can afford it go with the tandem.

Any questions feel free to hollar, and I will do my best to help!!!

P.S. It is a great boat too!!!

wkw

Your boat will get a lot smoother ride with a tandem.
    But as Eric said, harder to move around, etc. You’ll learn how to back it in the right spot before you unhook!!

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

I’ve been told if you put a kicker on the boat you’ll want to upgrade to the tandem axle. Otherwise you’d be fine with the single axle. For piece of mind I’d spend the extra grand and get the tandem.

trollingeyes
    Appleton, WI

Thanks for the advise guys,i do plan on hanging a T8 on the back so i guess a tandem would be the best option.

tonyholland00
    Plymouth MN

I have an 1880 and have the 200hp HPDI with a T8 and single axle. I have to corner it into my garage so i am very happy with the single. It came with the hybrid hub system so I have 10 year hub guarantee. I could not be happier with my trailer except that i have a burnt out marker light. I am sure the twin rides better, but I am happy with my single.

Thanks,
    Tony

trollingeyes
    Appleton, WI

I ended up getting the single axle trailer and absolutly love it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.