Older Skeeters….

• shaley
    Milford IA

91 Skeeter 18′ Deep V with a 115 Merc, pros/ cons from anyone who has owned or fished out of one???

Boats in about as good of condition a 91 can be seems to have been well cared for. I just made a deal for one and hoping I made the right choice. Couldn’t pass up the deal….

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

all i can say is i’m jealous. hope the boat sees many muskies if the deal works out.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Cant say its a skeeter only issue, but check the transom carefully if there is wood, you’re looking for issues at some point.

cdn
    West Central, MN

Two friends of mine own 17′ Skeeters in the ’91 range. They fish a lot and both love the boats. Their only complaint is they want another larger Skeeter.

I have a ’94 1850. I’ll just say I like it enough that I’ve owned it for 6 years or so and I don’t plan on selling it anytime soon. I guess the only “con” that bugs me is the front baitwell on these older boats (my friends say the same about theirs). Water easily overfills the baitwell and floods through the hatch, and into my dry storage. The overfill drain is not very good. I just closely monitor the water level and it’s fine for the most part.

shaley
    Milford IA

I think this is an 1850, no worries about the baitwell, she’ll be pulling muskie duty 98% of the time. Baitwell may be soda/water storage…. I’ll go over it with a finetooth comb before handing over the money….

cdn
    West Central, MN

A 115hp motor on the 1850 is the minimum recommended hp rating stamped on the hull. I can’t imagine a 115 on this boat. Max hp is 175 and it’s highly recommended for this hull. It’s a heavy boat and when planing up with gear and another person it shows.. It performs very well at high speeds.

shaley
    Milford IA

I havent seen it yet in person just assuming it’s an 1850, listed as a 18′ boat. Did Skeeter make an 1800???

cdn
    West Central, MN

The only ’91 Skeeter deep V I am aware of is the S135 model. It’s about a 17′ boat. I think I found the boat you are interested in, and it’s tough to say by the pics he provided. It may be a S135 or some larger model boat I’ve never seen or heard of. I believe the 1850 was built around ’93? Either way, the S135 is a great, fishable boat. That price is darn good too…

shaley
    Milford IA

Your correct it is a S 135, sweet little ride to. 41 MPH GPS. I’ll try and get some pics up after tomarrows tourney. Cost me 24 hours of driving, 1500 miles round trip, $3K for the rig and $250 in gas. I think I got a great deal after taking it for a run. Of course being almost 20 years old it needs a few things tweaked on it. Hull,floors, motor, carpet all in great shape just needs a good detail to really shine….

cdn
    West Central, MN

Congrats on a great deal! That’s a heck of a lot of driving, but glad it was worth it!

3M boat restore and a buffer will really make that boat shine…

shaley
    Milford IA

Yep I’m happy with it, almost passed due to the drive but the more I thought about it the more I knew I couldn’t pass it up.. And first fish to grace the new boat was a muskie…… perfect

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.